Is this an issue with the demo license?

Hello People

I am a new user of btb and have been evaluating a demo license and I have run into what I think they may be an issue with it.

I can only display 1 active track on the 3D window. When merging, obviously you need to display both of them, but only 1 is actually being displayed. Not even the background window is.

The other thing is that I can't display the wireframe overlaying the surface either.

Thanks a lot for your help
Miguel

Miguel, have you changed the heights of either track for any reason. The new track may be sitting way up high, or down low and you need to raise it maybe?

That's a great idea... thats why probably I can't see the points from the imported track on the profile view either... Is there a button to flatten evertything to zero or some different datum?

This site rocks, only a little bit of research and most of my questions are being answered allright!:)

That's a great idea... thats why probably I can't see the points from the imported track on the profile view either... Is there a button to flatten evertything to zero or some different datum?

This site rocks, only a little bit of research and most of my questions are being answered allright!:)

I found the problem: The kml file has elevations of -9999 for all the imported points. Is there a way to correct the elevation of the imported points so I don't need to do all the work of creating the whole track again?????

I think there was this website where you upload the kml file and it would get all the correct height data for you and create a new kml. Can't remember the address, I've never needed it as I can't get Google Earth to work.

Yes there is! I went there to fill my kml file with elevation values, but be aware: There are about 4 options for where to get the data. Pick the one that doesn't contain data in the area I'm at... and that's it: You'll get the -9999 elevation values.

So far I haven't been able to correct that. I even think is impossible since the data may be falling out the dinamic space of btb.

I think is a good recomendation to just visually check your kml file before importing.

As for me, last night I just re-imported and started all over again :frown:

open in notepad, replace > replace all > then replace -9999 with 0 :)

But try this first. Go here http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/elevation , upload kml > convert and add elevation > save as plain text > highlight result and copy.
Then open exel or open office calc and paste it in (you'll have to figure this bit out yourself I can't remember how it works but you need to have it so it treats it as columns with tabs separating it). Then remove the first column and swap long. and lat. around so they are in the right order. Then save as csv. You should now have correct height data ready for import into btb.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 317 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%