PC2 Is there hope?

• No yellow flags.
  • Puddle effect is too strong, even at highway speeds when running narrow treaded tires, & not affecting AI, effectively making rain useless.
  • AI still intentionally running off pavement (Classic Silverstone).
  • Indy with vintage cars, even with AI aggression turned to zero is a wreckfest, especially since there's no debris removal or cautions.
I'm really hoping the LeMans pack will bring some period-correct competition for the Aston Martin and 917K. Also hoping there will be a non-chicane Mulsanne... '70s or '60s, just doesn't matter at this point.

And somehow there needs to be a McLaren M20 for the Porsche 917/10 in CanAm.

A Ferrari 250 LM would be appreciated, even if it doesn't have proper competition beyond, say, a Cobra.

I would say yes there is hope with most of your bullet points. The yellow flag one is the one that is likely to be tricky. The last round of AI polishing wasn't really focused on the vintage cars and it seems the AI aggression code has made them now hit each other more. They are revisiting all of the car classes, but there are a lot of them.

According to the guy who programmed the AI, they are affected by puddles - they partially lift off. Nevertheless the human player does have more issues than the AI when the puddling on corners is so extensive you can't avoid it. While in an ideal world the AI would have the same problems as us, it is worth asking do you really need to race in a thunderstorm or even a storm? Indeed you could ask would they race in such conditions in real life? Restricting yourself to light rain and rain will reduce the issue of puddles. Also avoid multiple weather slots in short races which seems to result in excessive puddling.

I have done a couple of 10 lap races against the AI at Silverstone Classic and the AI did not run off the track. Are there any particular circumstances when you've seen the AI drive off the track or are you saying every AI drives off track every lap?

Restricting yourself to light rain and rain will reduce the issue of puddles. Also avoid multiple weather slots in short races which seems to result in excessive puddling.

Been restricting myself to light rain and rain. I'll try without multiple weather slots to see whether the puddling is better.

I have done a couple of 10 lap races against the AI at Silverstone Classic and the AI did not run off the track. Are there any particular circumstances when you've seen the AI drive off the track or are you saying every AI drives off track every lap?

At the start, right off the grid, the left line will go into the grass. Then at T1, the inside line will mow down the markers.

I did some races this weekend using Classic Silvertone and the Lotus 49's. The only time I saw cars going into the grass on the left was when two cars were side by side (or close to side by side) and the inside car not providing enough room for the outside car. Seemed legit to me.

As for the T1 issue, there was discussion around that in PC1 (as there were similar things happening). I'm not sure much can be done with that but SMS would know much better than me. I will say I only saw it on the open lap which again, had some AI side by side. After the AI fanned out, they didn't do that...

I still keep hoping for a correct working clutch/gear change (which is for me the most disturbing issue in the game). And there is more needed (again imo) to make this version as appealing to me as pCars1.
It has been over half a year now, it has been reported/checked/promised, but once again, not fixed in this update.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back