Is there anybody who can help our Champion Reik with a skin?

I always feel a bit bad after the season thinking of the anti-climax for the newly made Champion. It would be nice to have something to give out, a plaque, a cup (pokal), something that does not cost too much to have made and transported, but still carries great symbolic value. I will look into this, something must be possible :)

If I come up with something it will obviously also include earlier champions, such as Andy and others that I am able to contact :)

BUT, the main purpose of this thread is that I think our double Champion deserves more than anyone else, a custom skin made, including 2x the crest that Andy has on his car :)

It is easy for me to say that he deserves a skin made for him when I am not able to do it myself :) I am sure Reik does not demand very time-consuming projects, but it is always nice to race with a unique skin for you, and Reik have been patiently waiting for more than half a year.

If somebody capable have the time and will to make a skin for Reik, I am sure you will not only earn the gratitude of Reik, but also from the rest of the league members :)

That was some speech :) This was just an impulse when I was reminded that Reik still does not have a custom skin. Reik did not ask for my help and I have only had one pint of beer :)

If i could i would make him a skin, but i absolutly haven't got a clue how to do this.
I also like the "pokal" thing.
Little tip, a brand new g27 wheel would be nice as a trophy. :tongue:
No no just kiddin' ofcourse, but i like the thought of any kind of real trophy.

Greetz,

Andy

25 drivers all donate £1 pound through paypal to nico and thats 25 pounds to buy a small souvinir of the season and to get it couriered, id have no problems donating to the cause.

im also not able to make a skin ive not got a clue where to start with it but its a nice gesture that i hope someone will be able to help with.

Oh wow! Thanks for this thread Nico! :wink:

Indeed I didn't know about this idea but this does me a great favour! :redface: I have to give in, that I feel a little ashamed now.

I was allready trying different things to get an own skin because I don't have a clue how to make one. Now it looks like it could become true. :redface: Because of this thread I allready got asked by Chris Vick if I'd like him to make a skin for me. :thumb:

@Bob: I hope you'll also get a skin offer soon!

@David: Nice idea, I'd support it too...

Hey fellas, I just wanted to add, i've learning how to skin these cars over the past 24hrs, been meaning to devote some time to it for ages but my main project i've been working on for the past 2 years has kind've taken priority, especially recently (when im not racing of course! hehe).

I've kind've sussed how its all done, got a couple of basic tests working, now i've just got to get some ideas flowing. Hopefully, time provided, I might be able to help some guys out too with their own skin, although not promising anything that they'll even look good ok? lol Just to let you all know the calls don't go unheeded, i'd love to help if I can! :D

To pay an entry fee for participating in the championship would not be wrong. There are reasonable grounds to levy such. We can thus minimize the risk of getting drivers who do not finish the season.

I'm very happy to tell you that this thread finally brought me an own custom skin :) I'm happy like a little boy getting a new toy.

The creator Chris did an excellent job to transfer my suggstions into a real skin. I'd never have the knowledge to do that.

Thanks again to Nico for this idea and thanks to everyone else, who offered his help (especially Fabrice Renault and his friend Rico :))

You can see a first impression here: http://www.racedepartment.com/prestogp-european-series/62812-prestogp-europien-series-media.html (thx Georgios!) or run the Presto GP updater to get it ingame...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%