Is there any way to change the starting grip?

Is there any way to change the starting grip at the beginning of a session other than using the pre-defined grip levels? I'd like a track that has the grip accumulation of "green" but starting at 90% grip instead of 95%. Any way to make this happen? Thanks guys.

Go to x\common\assettocorsa\cfg\templates then tracks.ini. Scroll down to [GREEN] and next to SESSION_START= you can put the value you want the track to start at. Save the file then select Green in the UI. You can also affect the time it takes to rubber in by changing the LAP_GAIN= value. That will decide how many laps need to be done to gain 1% of grip.

The 'how many laps' mentioned by Joao ... is the number of laps done with all cars, so it will also depend on the whole number of cars on track.
( 1 lap done by 20 cars on track = 20 laps in this case )

Just a little precision not to forget.

You can also add entries like this, to make these custom options selectable in-game. :)
Just use the templates of the other settings and you can add to the file any settings you want to have selectable.
They will become selectable in the menu of the game. :)
No idea how this will affect multiplayer compatibility, though.

Last edited:
The 'how many laps' mentioned by Joao ... is the number of laps done with all cars, so it will also depend on the whole number of cars on track.
( 1 lap done by 20 cars on track = 20 laps in this case )

Just a little precision not to forget.
Yes! Thanks for mentioning that. I should've clarified.
Can you also add entries like this, to make these custom options selectable in-game, or doesn't AC recognise anything other than the default tags?
I had never thought of that. I just tried it and it looks like you can. You just add a new entry in the same format as the default ones, and you can edit the preset as you like. You can also add it anywhere in the list you want, and it will show up in that same order in the launcher.

Great idea :thumbsup:

Edit: :ninja:

Last edited:
Yeah I went in and tested myself. My post reflects my findings. ;) I just edited it while you were posting I gues.
But it's a neat feature for sure. I am just not sure how MP would be affected if you use a custom setting?

Hey guys I have a question about the template idea:

I race on a server that uses these parameters could anyone let me know where and in which ini file this needs to be altered to?

Cheers AussieStig

[DYNAMIC_TRACK] SESSION_START=97
RANDOMNESS=2
SESSION_TRANSFER=90
LAP_GAIN=10
[WEATHER_0]
GRAPHICS=3_clear
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=22
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=6
VARIATION_AMBIENT=1
VARIATION_ROAD=1

Latest News