Is there any tutorial out there on how to make SIMHUB Dash's?

I've searched online but most of the results that come up are people setting up Dash for use not actually creating a dash from scratch. I've read the wiki and played with the editor but I'm only getting the basics. I want to learn how to use radial or linear RPM gauges with maybe custom made design, etc. Just seeing if there is any indepth tutorials out there.

I've seen some really good ones made so I know it can be done. Just need some teaching!

Not that I'm aware of. You could try asking for specific things on Discord or on the official forum, but I wouldn't expect too much. The SimHub community seems to prefer the "figure it out yourself" approach to things.

Upvote 0
Yeah AM is a good guy and I've gone through his videos for this as well but his is just hardware setup. Oh well I just thought I would ask here incase there was something out there just not coming up on search.

Upvote 0
I didn't find any tutorial either. What I did was open other dashes and look how they are made, and then tried to do my own things based on them. RPM progress bar, for example.

Upvote 0
I just started doing this as well. Do you know where all the RPM gauges are? All I can find is a linear bar and a dial gauge. I know there is some other options out there as I see them on these dashes but can't find them.

Edit: actually I think I know how they do these different looking RPM gauges. They use the linear and just make them very large and then overlay a image to hide most of the linear gauge. For example the Mytec C127. It looks like a blue arching rpm gauge but its just a linear blue with a overlay image...I think.

Upvote 0
I just started doing this as well. Do you know where all the RPM gauges are? All I can find is a linear bar and a dial gauge. I know there is some other options out there as I see them on these dashes but can't find them.

Edit: actually I think I know how they do these different looking RPM gauges. They use the linear and just make them very large and then overlay a image to hide most of the linear gauge. For example the Mytec C127. It looks like a blue arching rpm gauge but its just a linear blue with a overlay image...I think.

If you are thinking about something like LEDs, you can do it with coloured buttons and make them visible when RPM reaches 10, 20, 30, 40%, etc.
For example, for a LED, you can make it visible and put this in the formula: [SerialDashPlugin.ComputedRPMPercent]>=50

About the edit, you can also put some rectangles in line with some separation between them and make them behave like a linear gauge but, any of them only works between 2 values. For example, between 10-20%, 25-35%, 40-50%, etc.

Sorry if something is badly written, English is not my mother tongue

Upvote 0
Thanks for that info! So I guess that is where I start to have questions. For example the code you listed here ([SerialDashPlugin.ComputedRPMPercent]>=50) how do I go about knowing these? Are they listed some where in a text file or does this just come as common knowledge if you know the language? I know this isn't code like C# or Java but curious where the library of commands are.

I also looked at a very detailed dash made for ACC by a user here by the name of @Ensi Ferrum and his are done very nice. I actually learned a lot just looking at all his widgets for each dash he does. Studying them probably answered most of my questions...like how to make a custom RPM gauge. See his ACC Porsche 911 GT3 Cup RPM widget.

Very excited now as I'm starting to break some ground here.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that info! So I guess that is where I start to have questions. For example the code you listed here ([SerialDashPlugin.ComputedRPMPercent]>=50) how do I go about knowing these? Are they listed some where in a text file or does this just come as common knowledge if you know the language? I know this isn't code like C# or Java but curious where the library of commands are.

I also looked at a very detailed dash made for ACC by a user here by the name of @Ensi Ferrum and his are done very nice. I actually learned a lot just looking at all his widgets for each dash he does. Studying them probably answered most of my questions...like how to make a custom RPM gauge. See his ACC Porsche 911 GT3 Cup RPM widget.

Very excited now as I'm starting to break some ground here.
On almost every item, you have some options with a "fx" button. There, you select "property" and a full list of telemetry readings are listed to select what you want, RPM percentage, for example. Then you can play with it and make it work when it's more, less, equal...

If you need something in particular, tell me, maybe I have this on one of my own dashes

Upvote 0
Thank you. Last night I finally figured out where the code snips are from that "fx" button. I loaded some other dashes to figure it out. I noticed some dashes the code is a bit different for the same task. Not sure why but guessing some people know how to code it a little different than what you can find from the list. So far I've been able to get my dash to work with help here and just looking at the details of the dashes already made using the editor.

I will PM you if I have some questions. I appreciate your help!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing