Is there any importance of keeping Ferrari around post-2020?

To be honest, I'm tired of seeing Sergio Marchionne complain about Liberty Media's 2021 engine proposal. If he doesn't like the idea of a budget cap, well then so be it. I think teams working within a certain cap will be an amazing sight to see, especially in terms of who's the fastest. If Ferrari leaves, then so be it, keep stepping.

PS: Honestly, to make another statement about engine rules, I say they give us a 2.4 litre formula, 10 cylinders, with SOME of the current turbo bullshit (goodbye MGU-H).

I'm with you. I'm over Ferrari constantly whining when they get the biggest payout every year. If F1 is going to survive, they need to simplify the engine regs, reduce costs and improve passing.

I also agree that i'd like them to do away with the hybrid era completely. I'm a bit bummed that the new regs still have hybrids, but they seem stuck on it. Seems like costs would drop tremendously with turbo or naturally aspirated engines once the hybrid system is gone.

I'm with you. I'm over Ferrari constantly whining when they get the biggest payout every year. If F1 is going to survive, they need to simplify the engine regs, reduce costs and improve passing.

My thing is, with super-high downforce cars, will good racing ever happen? Personally I like the idea of going faster and achieving lower lap times.

that's a glitch^^^

Last edited by a moderator:

RaceDepartment Store (5% Premium Member Discount)

Enjoy a racing experience like no other with the comfortable and high quality RS9 seat. Buy now from GTOmega.com for USD 289,95 Featuring our signature reinforced PVC material and soft, cold moulded foam interior the RS9 seat is a great option for people racing for long periods of time. Built...
High quality pedal set for the most demanding drivers. Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Ultimate+ is designed for high-end professional motorsport simulators. Buy now from simucube.com for € 1079,01 A strong, durable, and adjustable design capable of handling up to 140kg of actual force at the brake...
The human body memorizes muscle tension much better than foot position. This is why all car brakes measure the pressure and not the travel. Race and F1 cars have almost no travel at all. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 29,95 Features Can be used on the brake pedal of the ClubSport Pedals V3...
  • Featured
The Trak Racer SA-06 is a light-weight and stylish reclining sport seat and is suitable for most racing simulators that demand a comfortable, long-lasting and great looking seat. Trak Racer's SA-06 is wrapped in thick, high-quality and durable leather-style fabric and has a race-inspired shape...
With its functional design and adjustable setup, the GT Omega ART racing simulator is the ultimate cockpit for sim racers looking for complete adjustability, rigidity and a true racing position. Buy now from GTOmega.com for USD 239,95 Designed with various adjustments to suit users of all...
  • Featured
9 N·m of Torque from a Direct Drive Servo Motor The R9's 9N·m of torque can simulate a full range of steering forces and car handling characteristics. Minimum Weight & Maximum Torque Maximum torque from a compact body. Aviation Grade Aluminium Alloy Housing Unmatched quality and durability...