F1 2012 Is there a way to reset lap times in time trial?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Mid way through practicing with this game, I figured out that time trials are really the best way to practice for races as long as I don't use Kers and DRS or I use it only where allowed in the race, but I prefer not to use it at all. I only test the DRS and Kers in the long straights to set the braking marker and tune the tall gear but then I slow down in order not to complete a faster lap.

For me, that's the best way, in this game, to practice and see real improvements, rather than doing hot laps with kers and DRS on where their activation can skew the lap times considerably. In other words, I may screw up a lap royally, but if I apply both very well in the same lap my results are not consistent with my real driving performance in race.

The problem is that I have already set a few hot laps with Kers and DRS in a few of the tracks and, at least for now, I am much slower without it, so I cannot really measure my performance or even get a persistent lap time reminder from lap to lap.

I turned off ghost cars, but I actually like to drive against the ghosst. Once I max out a track I actually try to drive right behind my ghost so I can see where I am gaining and losing.

So I would like to reset my times on those tracks where I used Kers and DRS but I have no idea if it is possible.

Do I have to create a new profile? Is that my only choice?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back