Is there a way to reduce the amount of skid marks on track?

Hello, my question is basically in the title. In the early builds there were way less skid marks on track, now for example on optimum it's crazy how many skid marks are there and it looks bad and unrealistic to my eyes. Since the skid marks are not hard coded and change depending on track condition, is there a value somewhere hidden in some .cfg that controls it's amount? Thanks :)

p.s.: I know some people will advise me to try another condition, like green, but when I am trying to compare my lap times to real life lap times I doubt the track they run during a long race weekend stays "green"

The answer is in the groove.ini files of each track. there will be many entries like this:

[GROOVE_8]
NAME=tyremarks_2
MIN=0.0
MAX=1.0
MULT=1

Change the max from 1.0 to anything between 0 and 1. 0 Will obviously make them never show up. Every track may be a bit different so the naming shown here may not apply to all.

Wow, cool to know, thanks!

Googling for groove.ini, thanks to your help, I found this:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...e-ini-racing-line-and-skidmarks-how-to.26460/
So MAX is Alpha, interesting that some default tracks have this >1 which I thought wouldn't be possible.

Time for some experiments... I couldn't help thinking the same as the OP when I saw the Catalunya Grand Prix and the real life track after an entire F1 weekend looked half as done, if that much...

Sidenote, I'm loving the open file format in AC. So much easier to play around with than the .RFCMPs and .MAS of RF2 (though I understand their anti-cheat intentions).

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years