Is there a way to race over LAN (Local Multiplayer) ?

There is an option for LAN servers in the MP menu ingame. You have to set up a separate server on your machine (or another PC in your Lan) and join. I briefly tested it a while back. It should still work this way. Players from over the internet can join too of course.
This means you still have to be connected to Steam and the internet. Ever player has to be connected to Steam and the internet and run their licensed versions of course.

But maybe someone more knowledgeable comes along to confirm.

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the info' - don't mind doing it from steam but having racers joining from the net.... as long as there is a LAN icon I think I'll pick it up and try some sort of blocking. Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the info' - don't mind doing it from steam but having racers joining from the net.... as long as there is a LAN icon I think I'll pick it up and try some sort of blocking. Thanks again!
I mean, if your router is set to "not let the signals through" the internet players will not see your server. And/or you can set a password.

[EDIT] But again, I just tested briefly some time back.

Of course, a lobby password! Duh me :D

PC2 had an in-between where it was a sort of LAN with it being peep to peer which meant the actual racing stuff stayed within my house for 3 rigs, but I think other stuff like settings up the race and actually starting the race went through steam - it worked very well tbh, but of course if steam goes down then PC2 went with it.

But now I know there is a LAN icon I'm guessing it won't be worse than what PC2 offers so I'll go for it now. Thanks again!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back