Is there a way to link the UI.json name of a car and its car.ini name?

I have been streamlining my car names in CM to make it easier to sort them by name, and I noticed that the loading screen and in game names don't change when I change the name in CM. Now this isn't a huge deal, but it used to change the loading screen name when I changed the name in CM, but it isn't now. So I have taken to unpacking the data to change the name in the car.ini, but this takes a lot more time.

Loading screen and in-game name is taken from data.acd, so short answer is no.

Longer answer is yes, you can unpack the data.acd with Content Manager and then there will be some file in the unpacked data folder you can edit. I am not sure what this, but someone else will be able to answer. Be aware this will break any online compatibility unless the server you are on has this same edited car data.

Loading screen and in-game name is taken from data.acd, so short answer is no.

Longer answer is yes, you can unpack the data.acd with Content Manager and then there will be some file in the unpacked data folder you can edit. I am not sure what this, but someone else will be able to answer. Be aware this will break any online compatibility unless the server you are on has this same edited car data.
That is exactly what I have been doing, as I stated in the post, unpacking the data.acd and editing the car.ini within it, but I was just curious if CM could edit that since as far as I remember the loading screen name used to change when I changed the name in CM, but it no longer does.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back