Is there a single wheel on the market that fits a 3" thick desk

Title. G27 is 1.9" clamp and thats the largest I've seen. Even the fanatec aftermarket clubsport clamp is 2.75" max.

Honestly I don't think there is a wheel with a clamp size of 3", don't know how large the Thrustmaster clamp is but I would always recommend hard mounting wheels where possible. The other option is to mod the clamps, for thrusmaster you can get two rods where one has an inner thread and the other has an outer thread, this would give you a larger clamp opening but for Fanatec or Logitech I could not see how you can mod them. Not sure if anyone else has any suggestions but me personally I recommend just hardmounting it if you can.

Upvote 0
Honestly I don't think there is a wheel with a clamp size of 3", don't know how large the Thrustmaster clamp is but I would always recommend hard mounting wheels where possible. The other option is to mod the clamps, for thrusmaster you can get two rods where one has an inner thread and the other has an outer thread, this would give you a larger clamp opening but for Fanatec or Logitech I could not see how you can mod them. Not sure if anyone else has any suggestions but me personally I recommend just hardmounting it if you can.
Not worth modding the desk...too nice of a desk :/

Ill probably end up getting a wheelstand pro and a g27.

Upvote 0
Here's what I'd do:

1. go to the hardware store and buy a small piece of particle board or something similar (maybe 16" x 6" x .5" or so)

2. either clamp the wheel to the board, or bolt the wheel to the board (if you bolt it, you'd want to be sure to countersink it so the bolts don't stick out past the bottom of the board).

3. buy some clamps and clamp the board to the desk.

Should be cheap and easy.

Upvote 0
Here's what I'd do:

1. go to the hardware store and buy a small piece of particle board or something similar (maybe 16" x 6" x .5" or so)

2. either clamp the wheel to the board, or bolt the wheel to the board (if you bolt it, you'd want to be sure to countersink it so the bolts don't stick out past the bottom of the board).

3. buy some clamps and clamp the board to the desk.

Should be cheap and easy.
Sounds good man :) If you bolt the wheel to the board then you only need one set of clamps to clamp the board to the desk. But let me know how it goes.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years