Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly rFactor 2 events

Is there a setting to determine a car's shinyness?

I've had the impression that, over the last couple of years (since CSP & Sol, sort of) that car shinyness can sometimes change. Maybe that could have something to do with CSP or Sol, or a setting in there. Or an update or... ?

But, as I said, it's just an impression, I'm not sure if I'm actually seeing something that's really there.

Can anyone give advice?

Stereo

Premium
Solutions
That setting does pretty much exactly what it says, directly multiplies how bright the sky is in reflections. Weird thing to be able to adjust, obviously it's a workaround for something.. I would recommend put it at 100%.

PP Filter probably has the strongest influence after that, gamma and contrast settings change how visible reflections are.

Last edited:
Mine was set to 150 initially for some reason so I just took it down to 100 which is default. It's not the cars themselves that annoy me sometimes it's shiny tyres which look totally unreal.