Is there a good free alternative to race track builder ?

Blender is free...
yes but there isn't as powerful of a building system like RTB.. yes, you could do the same things in blender, but it's a huge pain in the ass to get it set up. I have the GIS plugin for blender that uses world map data like RTB, but i haven't found a way (yet) to generate roadways as accurately as RTB. As far as I know, that can only be done manually, and with the wonky camera that blender has, extremely inconvenient

Last edited:
yes but there isn't as powerful of a building system like RTB.. yes, you could do the same things in blender, but it's a huge pain in the ass to get it set up. I have the GIS plugin for blender that uses world map data like RTB, but i haven't found a way (yet) to generate roadways as accurately as RTB. As far as I know, that can only be done manually, and with the wonky camera that blender has, extremely inconvenient

How is RTB more accurate building roads?
Can’t beat using curves/splines on top of LiDAR data, which is what blender and max can do.

Maybe you can classify RTB as ‘easier’ but definitely not accurate.

Saying RTB is more powerful than Blender is a pretty bold statement.

Completely, utterly, incorrect... But bold nonetheless.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%