Is there a .cam file?

cameras.ini for the F6 cameras, dash_cam.ini for the, well, dash cam, [GRAPHICS] section of car.ini for cockpit, bonnet and bumper cam

ofc only accessible if the car has the data folder not encrypted

So.. if the car hasn't got any "data" folder.. nothing to do about it, am i right? :(

You can alter the position of the driver's eyes using the onboard settings app (the icon is a helmet) but anything beyond that would require access to the data folder. Keep in mind that altering the contents of the data folder will likely result in a checksum mismatch when you try loading the car for multiplayer sessions so you'll probably be booted from the server.

You can alter the position of the driver's eyes using the onboard settings app (the icon is a helmet) but anything beyond that would require access to the data folder. Keep in mind that altering the contents of the data folder will likely result in a checksum mismatch when you try loading the car for multiplayer sessions so you'll probably be booted from the server.
Thank you mate... anyway if i want to alter just one car, so i don't need it for online racing ( i would like to make a video) how can i "decrypt" (is that right?) a folder? And most importantly.. is it "Legal"? I'm talking about a mod, not official content

Thank you mate... anyway if i want to alter just one car, so i don't need it for online racing ( i would like to make a video) how can i "decrypt" (is that right?) a folder? And most importantly.. is it "Legal"? I'm talking about a mod, not official content

If the data folder is encrypted then its not legal, certainly not for official content and if its a mod then its encrypted because the creator(s) don't want people messing with their work (you should respect their wishes). If you're looking for alternate camera angles the best bet is to enable dev apps and use the global camera (you can position it anywhere) or search RD for a mod called boxcam that was created by @Stereo.

Last edited:
cameras.ini for the F6 cameras, dash_cam.ini for the, well, dash cam, [GRAPHICS] section of car.ini for cockpit, bonnet and bumper cam

Sorry to dig up this topic. I'm editing cameras in my friend's mod and the rear wing blocks the view both from the "glance back" function and the virtual mirror.
Is there any way to edit this rear view?

Obs.: I tested some changes in the [GRAPHICS] section, but no luck.

car.ini's
Code:
 MIRROR_POSITION=0.0,0.75,0.3 ; Position used to render the mirror
If you use the Custom Shader Patch it has fancy mirror functions that override how mirrors work though. Then you'd need to ask them about it.

I tried to extrapolate values to see what would happen:
Code:
MIRROR_POSITION=0.9,1.75,1.3

Everything stays the same :(
Very strange
so you're still seeing parts of the car in the mirror? That means you got Shader Patch running.

I don't remember how but IIRC there was a way to tell it a mirror was a camera, and it would then use the specified position instead of the position on the model (please anyone correct me if I'm wrong).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%