Is the United Kingdom a country?

Came across this earlier and learned quite a bit, figured i'd share for anyone else who's interested in the breakdown of the Monarchy and it's territories. They don't teach all that much about the Brits in school nowadays, come to think of it they don't teach all that much of anything nowadays.

Anyway, enjoy the video and hopefully you learn something new every day. If you're not, you're doin it wrong =)

One of the things that really P1sses me off when installing software or signing up to a website are the country options. I generally have a choice of UK or GB neither of which are a country, my country is England, on written forms I always cross those options out and add an England option.

The UK is considered a country though, even though it has countries making one bigger country.

But the only option available in the majority of cases is UK, England, Scotland, N. Ireland and Wales should also be an option, some companies like SimBin offer the choice when selecting a Driver nationality.

You are probably correct. There might not be much left if the dykes were removed :D

The Netherlands is made up of Lesbians? :confused:

But the only option available in the majority of cases is UK, England, Scotland, N. Ireland and Wales should also be an option, some companies like SimBin offer the choice when selecting a Driver nationality.
Yea not arguing against that, i obviously support anyone who wants to drive with their "proper" nationality.
I just thought i should mention that technically the United Kingdom is a country in the same sense as United States is a country, the only difference being states/countries making those up.

I just thought i should mention that technically the United Kingdom is a country in the same sense as United States is a country, the only difference being states/countries making those up.

But that is a very big difference, I've even seen websites that have the option to select Scotland or Wales but not England. National identity is quite important in England with Tossers like the BNP and other extremist scum claiming the English flag. Most people would probably assume I was in the BNP if I was to fly the English flag outside my house or have a sticker on my car :mad:

Indeed, quite sad that we aren't able to fly our own flag, someone ALWAYS complains about it and councils order you to take it down.

As far as I'm concerned, the UK is a country. However, wiki also lists England as a country. UK is listed as a country but also a Sovereign state. Confusing :O_o:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back