PC1 Is The RUF Yellowbird Really That Hard to Drive?

I have tried the RUF Yellowbird both on Assetto Corsa and Project Cars and in both cases it's a nightmare to drive, it slides of the track so easily. I watched an actual video on Youtube of a review on it and showed it roaring around nordschleife with smoke pouring off the tires.

The only thing I can think of is that when actually driving the car you can control it better because you feel when the car is going to lose traction.

Have others been able to tame this beast?

It's notoriously hard to drive. Yeah.
One pretty counter-intuitive thing I've learned about driving it is to stay in the throttle through a turn. Not full on, mind you. Just a bit of a blip here and there to keep the balance and traction under control. Even using throttle and brake simultaneously.
The LAST thing you want to do with the Yellowbird is suddenly come off the gas or hit the brakes hard. The rear wheels will go flying away from you when you do that.

Never driven it IRL.But through sim history the yellowbird has been a bitch to drive.I'm pretty sure it's a handful IRL IF you push it hard.We seem to forget when simracing,that we are going way faster than IRL and then wonder why the handling is brutal and we are upside down lol.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back