Is the RF2 DLC Worth getting?

I would say No - its a half done job. The lack of skins mean that you will not be able to race against a balanced field of the GT3 cars. It will be 1 Callaway, 2 Merc's, 12 McLarens (or something like that) What a joke. They have promised more official skins but 3 months later and nothing has happened. The FPS performance of the GT3 pack is also the worst of any cars in RF2. Side mirrors are useless by default so you have to mess with that as well. If this was a normal 3rd party mod it would be very nice, but this is official DLC you pay for so its not good enough IMO.

I'd say yes if you want to see rF2 development continue: the base game is really cheap, especially when there is a sale. S397 needs to earn some money like any company, or they will die… Then bye bye all the hopes for the development of a great game!
At the same time, I can only agree with the above: each new content seems to be released unfinished, and is not updated afterwards (best example being probably the free Radical: when was it released, last July? Still no further update since then…). So I understand that some people show that they are not convinced by not buying the DLCs...
I choose to buy the GT3, but really only to support the developer: I don't think I even drove them so far! I cannot wait when they will start a second phase and polish the content already available (what Reiza is so good at doing!).

Totally agree with that!! I'm an old hotrod guy from the 80's who hung out with older hotrod guys from the 60-70's. You know? The real cool guys! Even back then racing was soooo expensive. My friends joke today that they can't afford tires to go racing!!
I support as much as I can. Especially my favorite sims like rF2, which is the one I hold my breath for the most.

20 buck's every few months!! Come on guys!! Not even a tank of av gas!!

I tend to buy DLC for all sims I use (AMS, rF2, R3E, PC2, AC) just on principle, whether I use it or not, to support all the devs who are trying to survive in a small and fickle market. With that said, I feel a hell of a lot better about DLC if it's released feature complete, optimised and supported, something that is just not happening with S397 content at present.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 206 14.1%