Is the RACE On expansion overpriced?

Not really, but once a dev has started a base game with a certain engine you cannot expect that an expansion all of a sudden has a new game engine.

That requires, to stay compatible, that also old expansions will need to be equiped with a new game engine. Don't think a single developer will do that out of missing revenues as a new game engine is a good selling point.

If done correctly, it is possible to upgrade the game engine without making any of the content incompatible.

Graphical improvements are quite easy to achieve since the skin files, etc., are just wrapped around the models and the engine decides how to display them. Adding specular highlights, shadows, bump mapping, etc., does not affect those basic files at all.

I'm hoping we get another expansion or upgrade for the RACE series as I am thoroughly enjoying all the content so far. :)

It was worth it for me. I paid $35 USD for Race On and GTR Evo together. I did not own Race 07, STCC or WTCC so I pretty much got the whole shooting match or 35 bucks. The STCC cars don't interest me too much but I love the GT Viper, the formula masters is intense and I have been getting into the American series a lot lately which I didn't like at first too much but now that I know how to drive the cars a little better, the muscle cars are a really rich experience.

I'm pretty noob so I need to get into a league so I can maybe learn something from some vets. I don't know hardly squat about car setup either which seems to make a big difference cause even when I think I'm going fast and doing well I am way off the lead time.

It was worth it for me. I paid $35 USD for Race On and GTR Evo together. I did not own Race 07, STCC or WTCC so I pretty much got the whole shooting match or 35 bucks. The STCC cars don't interest me too much but I love the GT Viper, the formula masters is intense and I have been getting into the American series a lot lately which I didn't like at first too much but now that I know how to drive the cars a little better, the muscle cars are a really rich experience.

I'm pretty noob so I need to get into a league so I can maybe learn something from some vets. I don't know hardly squat about car setup either which seems to make a big difference cause even when I think I'm going fast and doing well I am way off the lead time.

Tuesday nights will blow your mind. Join us on teamspeak and you'll know how to setup your car in a view races :) Or try the guide, it helped me a lot.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back