Is the lobby down?

don't be hating simbin, their updates are few and usually fix bugs with the game

seriously this is more steam borking again, why the feck it needs to update every other day is beyond me. simbin should just fire stupid steam and get on with their own thing (RTR doesn't use stupid steam so why should race)

:mad:

Again, Race is not the issue, but the lobby server running somewhere in the lala land is. If Simbin's lobby is down you will not see the list of all the games. Simple as that. I have written and designed enough code in my life to have a pretty decent idea on how it works.

agreed, race is not the issue. the master server list or some other feature has been corrupted by steam.

eg. steam updated last week to support directx 11 (which no one i know has yet but they did it anyway) to support the useless in-game popup and broke XD which everyone I know uses. steam is evil

U clearly dont get it. When steam "breaks" any of the RTT is because a new binary of the game is released (most likely BY Simbin). Since ALL RTT applications are reading the memory layout of the game to retrieve all the info as soon as a new re-complied binary is released it will "break" ALL RTT apps. It has nothing to do with Steam being evil. lol... It is just the nature of the "hacked" RTT code.

thanks for the fast reply's.. i appreciate the dialog.. but while we're chatting we're not racing lol

researching RTT .. roof top tenting, round trip time (?)

bottom line i paid for a game, it's not hacked. i don't want a third party ap (steam) telling me what i can do with the game i bought. i'll bet you dollars to dohnuts if steam didn't update race would not be broken.

RTT=Real Time Telemetry (XD, MotecDX, RTT, etc...) all work the same way.

I will take your money. Trust me I am pissed off more than anyone else. We were practicing for our league race this weekend and we cant even get online now!! I am fuming....

thanks for the fast reply's.. i appreciate the dialog.. but while we're chatting we're not racing lol

researching RTT .. roof top tenting, round trip time (?)

bottom line i paid for a game, it's not hacked. i don't want a third party ap (steam) telling me what i can do with the game i bought. i'll bet you dollars to dohnuts if steam didn't update race would not be broken.

ahh, real time telemetry.. i'm schooled

i just disabled XD and still get no online. yes i'm trying to practice for my league race next saturday and no one is happy about it.

i hope this issue is resolved soon, thanks again for taking the time to bring me up to speed..

;)

• Cesar Gomez

OK, it's not just me then.....whew. It's the first time the server list didn't come up in RaceOn, so i imagine it some sort of 'update' fiasco.

I hope it's fixed soon.

To enlighten a few :

The lobby is not host at Simbin inhouse but somewhere on the internet on a dedicated server hosted by an internet provider.
I know for the v-wtcc the servers for the rankings were hosted by i3D, maybe the current lobby server also.

Seeing our troubles 2 days ago it could be as simple as that. Hope it gets solved soon.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.3%