Is the full release in Q1 2019?

Hoksu

Premium
So the roadmap has always said the final release will be in Q1 2019. That period ends in three weeks, and to me the game is nowhere near being in a state fit for retail release, the game is heavily WIP in many areas and needs much more work to be a complete, polished game. I'm wondering if Kunos are still planning to stick to the original plan, or will they postpone release? To me they should, surely it's better to have a polished game later than an incomplete one sooner. Also seeing as it's early access, not much point rushing full release if the game remains early access in everything but name.

I guess they will release in Q2 2019. Yes, the name doesn't seem to be ready but once the features are all there and working, they can just flood in the content and modified copies of these features.
For me they are going with the approach to keep it really small during early access but once they got all features running they will just run it down and be done.
It will take some time yet for sure but not as much as one would imagine.

Can't wait to see the finished product as it's looking so promising right now.
Also, didn't someone say there was some exciting news from Kunos coming at some point?
With the Blancpain in Asia and now the US of A, I'm crossing my fingers for some US and Asian track pack DLC announcements.
To be frank, they've delivered on so many levels with AC and now ACC that they can have a direct debit set up from my bank account if it would make it easier for them... ;)

With the Blancpain in Asia and now the US of A, I'm crossing my fingers for some US and Asian track pack DLC announcements.
IT would be great to see them bring in other series like those. My guess is we'll see something along the lines of a single series like the Porsche cup, because it would be a straight forward DLC. Then maybe GT4.

The issue with doing a series like the US or Asian one is that they need to make the tracks, which is a lot of work, so are going to take some time. The American market is probably more appealing to the general public, and maybe more straight forward because it's one country.

We should get a good five years to bring out more DLC.

I'm not fussed if the next release is the full release, or just another step; it's just a number after the title. I am chomping at the bit for the championship season though, as that was the juice for me. As they are the same thing though, I am eagerly awaiting that release. :)
I'm also not bothered (yet) about more tracks; there are enough at full release to keep me busy for a year.
What I have seen - and played - so far has been top quality*.
I do hope they get rid of the loading screen reminding me that I bought the game cheap! It feels vaguely accusatory. And why does my chosen name not appear while I'm racing?

Yeah, those are the two things that I would prioritise for the next release!

*Disclaimer - I don't use VR and I am not a professional driver. I wouldn't know a laser scanned track from the RaceRoom Raceway (excellent track in the mountains - one of my favourite.) Toe-in is a precaution before getting in the bath. Drifting is what I do when people talk to me about technical stuff......:sleep: My opinion is based purely on a love of sim-racing for the enjoyment of it.

well, they should do full release at least the day before the Monza race in two weeks, as they are now tied in with the esports competition. My guess is Friday before Monza race, but it's just a guess. Rumour says: end of next week, dunno how trustworthy the source for that rumour is, though.

The eSports thing kind of forces the release within two weeks. To me it would have been wise to postpone release by several months at least, to ensure it's really polished at launch, but that doesn't seem like it's going happen

My guess is that they might throw in the cars for the esport build. Or they won't.. I highly doubt the full release will come that quickly.
My guess is that it will come for Silverstone!
Big event, needs the transitions and the endurance grid etc.

Being from Italy, they are probably doing the mother of all overtimes to finish the game before the race in Monza. You do not want to miss Monza as an Italian, it's holy ground and you want to show the world out there what you are able to do. They will pull it off and we will have a polished, great, finished product in 10 days, I feel confident.

Why do you think they need to release the full game because of the eSports event?
I don't think they need to, it just seems probable. The current EA build is not in a state to host eSports with so many features and cars missing, and having an entirely different build for eSports sounds a bit complicated. Wouldn't mind being wrong on that though

There is still so much to fix and develop I don’t think Q1 is realistic.

The online portion is very bare bones and needs a lot of refinement. Server browser needs work, please abandon that confusing and pointless weights system for filtering. Add server favourites, queuing system? Need some ability to kick players who are griefing. Player cars blocking the road, cars abandoned during the rolling start causing chaos etc.

Beyond that I think the FFB still needs more work. There is still no real front end feel. I turn the wheel, particularly at low speeds and just feel nothing. Also I’m pretty convinced that part of the FFB “problem” is the ABS and Traction Control killing the wheel feedback *somehow*, if you turn them off, the overall feedback is much better, however naturally you become much slower.

I’m guessing the UI isn’t going to change much, however it’s something I have very little love for. The main menu is ok, but the sub menus are pretty horrid and it’s all been designed with consoles in mind. The session screen is the main problem for me, you just get 3 massive images splashed across the screen and not a lot of actual information, then a massive START SESSION bar beneath, it looks a bit amateurish to me. Why not have a much smaller “session start” button in the bottom corner and more descriptive session information summary visible?

I think they could release the 1.0 before monza, due to the esport thing.
The events part has prove to work pretty good.

But speaking of the game itself, it is far away from the initial expectations in terms of being finished.
The game is not bad, but really not in final release statut (especially online racing )

Just to mention
Shuffle grid after qualification
No way to even know if we are connected or not. (It is possible to keep on playing after being disconnected. Then after a while it becomes really strange to you and you realize you are disconnected )
No real time lapboard during the race
No possibility to have 2 qualification and 2 races format
necessary to enter a server to choose a car and enter again the same server to race (ridiculous)
Problem with hub on the grid
The liste is almost endless. ...

So bad, just because the game has a fantastic potential

Last edited:
Well, they communicated the last delay and haven't communicated a massive catch up, so being delayed past q1 seems a logical conclusion. As for not speaking about which version the esports event will be played on, i'd say, let them do their thing in all peace and quiet (of which there will be precious little), while we do our thing when the time has come.
as an appetizer, here's another esports event at Monza, some time back (any relation to the event in ten days purely coincidental …)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 89 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 127 13.7%