HTC Vive

Is the Content Manager Key donation a scam?

aphidgod

1000RPM
Jun 27, 2015
No, it's not a scam and it's very much worth it. CM is a great piece of software. I couldn't say why it's taking so long, but I'd think it gets taken care of soon. Have you tried getting in touch via his discord server?

ARGT2RS

25RPM
Nov 30, 2019
No, it's not a scam and it's very much worth it. CM is a great piece of software. I couldn't say why it's taking so long, but I'd think it gets taken care of soon. Have you tried getting in touch via his discord server?
I sent a few messages but no answer there. maybe we post in wrong place. can you offer some guidance to the tag we need to send?
thank you

Reactions: Sean Smith

aphidgod

1000RPM
Jun 27, 2015
No, I haven't been around there in a long time. Just know it exists.

There was just a shader patch update, I'd maybe guess he's been busy getting that together and some other things are on the back burner.

Reactions: Mascot
May 31, 2019
Did your 12y old use the right Email, if so then the key will be sent to the wrong Email? If using Paypal as an sample the Email could be sent to your Email that Paypal is using.
BTW, I did recieve the key at the same hour?

J_P

1RPM
Sep 24, 2019
I received my key a few hours after donation (last saturday).
I did so to compensate, somehow, for his effords, not because I needed full version.

(edit) ps - make sure your email is obvious (I donate with Paypal, so email is part of the transfer information)
(edit) ps2 - also, check with spam email

Reactions: Vintagedriver01

aphidgod

1000RPM
Jun 27, 2015
Eh. At this point anyone who checks because salacious clickbait title will discover immediately that no, CM is not a scam, so it may be a problem that resolves itself.

Reactions: dave kirk

Dave Stephenson

RaceDepartment Technical Administrator
Staff
Sep 4, 2007
Guys, there's nothing wrong with the title imo. There's zero insinuation that it is a scam, it's just a question. Half the threads posted in this forum are also just questions.

Thread cleaned of all off topic posts. Any more posts about the title rather than the actual question will be burried and reply bans issued.

Cussco

50RPM
Premium
Jan 1, 2015
It is not a scam. Your scamming him if you donate the minimum. The software is awesome and I could not live without it now. I too had to chase for the key but it did get to me eventually. Well worth the wait.

Cote Dazur

1000RPM
May 21, 2013
@ARGT2RS first, to your question, the answer is an unequivocal and absolute no.
CM is a gift to any AC driver, tons of work as been poured in this extraordinary software and it keeps getting better everyday.
An other channel of communication you might want to use to let them know what your real email address is could be the Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XRj4Cw

Reactions: Andrew_WOT

aphidgod

1000RPM
Jun 27, 2015
No kidding. I sent in $10 and honestly I feel like I'm getting away with something... it's hard to imagine AC with the official launcher now, it's just so profoundly inferior in every conceivable way. (That goes double if you're a mod creator.)