Is the air/wind simulated in rf2?

Is the air/wind simulated in rf2, does it effect aero,I know that the sun doesn't effect the road, so when do you think you will make the sun, clouds, and tyres effect the temp of the asphalt
This is a huge aspect missing from rf2, and should be top priority, once the ui is released, because you can't have a simulation without the above imho

I think iRacing does it but I'm not sure it's THAT important until they add rain to their weather model so we get parts of the track drying differently.

That said, Rfactor2 does have rain so they should probably have added a proper weather model first?

For me it doesn't matter too much, iRacing is my online sim and Rfactor2 my offline one, and they both feel more serious than any other sim.

All aspects of rF2 are important and all have to be worked hard after the publication of the UI.

Nevertheless I agree....

The huge priority after the UI, so in the coming weeks, should be to maximize the realism of rF2, so that it gets as close as possible to a professional simulation like rFactor PRO.

Unfortunately this is not the main priority of S397 since the beginning.

Their latest tire model and car content is still incredible.

The fact that there is no management of aquaplaning or gearbox is really sad.

But I love RF2, for me it's the best simulation (the most realistic).

Wind is simulated, you can play with the effect driving offline. But as far as I know, it doesnt apply online for some reasons.

There are hundreds of "top priority" physics simulation aspects waiting for their time, but the reason for them not being done (yet) is not only because it takes huge coding and writing work that the small S397 crew cannot do any time soon, but also because the average consumer PC cannot take the simulation.
Already with the advanced tyre physics, little bit of weather and little bit of realroad, the engine and sometimes netcode cant keep up. The devs cannot risk piling on raw features when a big part of the users still experience problems with the current version.

What can we do? Buy the sim, tell your friends to buy it, drive it, promote it, praise it, report problems, write suggestions. If you have any competence in developing and coding, contact S397.

If the simracing scene remains fragmented, with several companies working on their own thing and official competitions with actual money spread out in different directions, it might take us over a decade to reach that level with small steps. The current companies are only strong enough to take small steps and pump in content to keep the minimal business plans going.

i agree they are a small team so its gonna take a lot of time to see all those physics updates and newer physics-weather implemantation
i dont loose faith but i know that we have to wait for it so i dont hold my breath and imagine driving AMS2

I think iRacing does it but I'm not sure it's THAT important until they add rain to their weather model so we get parts of the track drying differently.

That said, Rfactor2 does have rain so they should probably have added a proper weather model first?

For me it doesn't matter too much, iRacing is my online sim and Rfactor2 my offline one, and they both feel more serious than any other sim.

iRacing's track surface will heat and cool according to the sun position, cloud cover, air temperature, etc. It will also heat up due to contact with the tires. As well, the rubber will be laid down only where the cars are actually running. All of this affects where the grip is from lap to lap which is why you will see the drivers moving up and down the track throughout the race (on ovals) to find the best grip. I think wet weather will come to iRacing but it doesn't seem to a high priority right now - getting tire model NTMv7 released to all the cars is higher priority right now, followed closely by the new damage model.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%