is the AI any good with this game??

I really like the AI on r3e. I think it's underrated heavily. I'd actually go as far as to say that it has my favourite AI. To be fair I only really use WTCC on there but I'm consistently given amazing races with the AI. Go for it! Buy a WTCC pack and see how it goes :)

Hi mate,
Just buy 1 car from a pack (my vote would be the 2014 WTCC Civic) and have a go... :) 1 car will still let you race against the full grid offline, I think you will be pleased with what you find,, for me the AI is excellent, and as Jack says, it keeps getting improved bit by bit...
So yeah, in my opinion I think its very good indeed!

(plus if you get a WTCC car you can join us I the club races too :) )

Hi mate,
Just buy 1 car from a pack (my vote would be the 2014 WTCC Civic) and have a go... :) 1 car will still let you race against the full grid offline, I think you will be pleased with what you find,, for me the AI is excellent, and as Jack says, it keeps getting improved bit by bit...
So yeah, in my opinion I think its very good indeed!

(plus if you get a WTCC car you can join us I the club races too :) )
that would be with the free tracks you get yes ?? i would then have to buy tracks??

i have read the ai is timid overtaking the slower cars leading to queues...is this true?

Yeah that's a good point, but normally they have tracks on sale and even the track packs are reasonably priced..the only time I've experienced queues is at Macau which is the only track the ai is hopeless on (but so am I). And besides, most other games do that and worse. Honestly though mate, if you just brought one wtcc car and a track that would cost you what, a fiver? That's an absolute steal for such a great experience. It sounds strange but the more you spend the better the value too..Kjell wrote a good post on how to save money on this game a while back, I'll link it here for you to have a look at :)

One mistake I made though was buying DTM 2014 experience because although it gave me a load of tracks, you couldn't use the cars on tracks that weren't part of the 'experience' whereas you can use wtcc on whatever track you like

Ok.... So I've jumped in and got the European track pack and the dtm experience 2013 as for some reason this combo actually brought the price down cheaper than the track pack lol! Also bought the wtcc 14 civic. One thing I noticed on a very quick play before bed was that pepe oriola was missing from the wtcc drivers.... I wanted to run a season with the tracks I have and the wtcc but when you set it up for 17 ai drivers one of them is a duplicate as he is missing. Does anyone know any reason why that would be the case? Bit annoying! Is there any way around this? Also anyone have any good settings for the t300rs?

Ok.... So I've jumped in and got the European track pack and the dtm experience 2013 as for some reason this combo actually brought the price down cheaper than the track pack lol! Also bought the wtcc 14 civic. One thing I noticed on a very quick play before bed was that pepe oriola was missing from the wtcc drivers.... I wanted to run a season with the tracks I have and the wtcc but when you set it up for 17 ai drivers one of them is a duplicate as he is missing. Does anyone know any reason why that would be the case? Bit annoying! Is there any way around this? Also anyone have any good settings for the t300rs?
He was participating in one race only in 2014, so he wasn't included in the pack.

@kamackeris - How are you getting on with your new purchases mate? Enjoying it?

Need any help fine tuning your settings, FFB, ingame etc, give us a shout on here and either myself or one of the other guys will happily give you some advice..
R3E needs a bit of time and practice, but once you've tweeked it all up its really worth the effort!
Cheers

AI is very good right now and still in development.
If you use Adaptive AI it will take a few completed races per track and class for it to get close to competitive. Maybe ~ 2 or 3 races
The good thing is that even when you use a specific AI level instead of Adaptive AI the game still uses the race information for Adaptive AI. So for example, you can use 100 or whatever for AI skill to set the Adaptive AI and avoid having to run races that aren't fun or competitive. The great thing and reason to run Adaptive IMO is for Custom single player Championships where the players skill or even the AI's skill will fluctuate over all of the different tracks.

One common complaint is being rammed or spun out by the AI, which does and will happen but most of it can be avoided by good aware driving and using the right AI skill. Check out the must-have Crew Chief app at the official S3 forum.
https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...-controls-and-even-launches-r3e-for-you.2516/

thanks guys. yes i am very much enjoying it. i did find that i was getting spun out a lot at spa but having viewed the replays it was more my driving causing the coming together than the other way round. i have a few races with the civic wtcc car at hungaroring and bloody loved it plus i didn't get tapped out at all there. does the ai race each other well?? i didn't seem to see the same amount of overtaking you see in real life wtcc. i could do with some tips on setting up my T300rs for this game. also any setups for the gt3 at spa wouldn't go amiss either!! @Paul Jeffrey i hope to be there at spa on sunday night but there is a chance i might not be able to make it. i have only driven the bmw gt3 car so far but have the adac experience pack....which is the best car to take online on sunday night of that set??

oh and yeh i have that crew chief app....it's fantastic!!

Yes the AI is excellent in this game. Been really enjoying my DTM championship against the AI. Probably the best AI in a driving sim at this present time.:thumbsup:
i have been loving the racing i have been having against the ai at bathurst on RF2....do you think it is better than that?? driving bathurst in the nissan gt1 car is breathtaking on rf2. the feeling you get with the FFB and the tire model is outstanding.

i have been loving the racing i have been having against the ai at bathurst on RF2....do you think it is better than that?? driving bathurst in the nissan gt1 car is breathtaking on rf2. the feeling you get with the FFB and the tire model is outstanding.
I'll be honest, I don't have RF2 (Too expensive) but I'll take your word for it that it is superb.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%