Cars Is the ACFL F2018 mod worth it?

and yes i can actually see someone giving them audio and saying its original when it was ripped. in fact **** like that happens all the ****ing time. pro tip.... people lie... A LOT.. for all sorts of reasons and from what they stated the audio was given to them by members..
Pro tip... If you are hoping to be a reputable modding group, don’t be so stupid to accept content (audio in this case) from unknown and illegitimate origins. Even if it was ‘unintentional’ that they obtained ripped audio, that still shows that they don’t do due diligence that is expected.

Pretty simple stuff really.

Is their latest content all legit? No idea, I’m not interested. But to me if you build a reputation on stealing content, you’ve kinda blown it. Don’t expect support later on even if it is legitimate.

i can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

not being sarcastic. i asked for proof and enough people chimed in with examples. enough said. I was willing to believe some bs happened during a beta but for it to continue there really is no excuse.

these cars (FW18 & FW24 )are pretty easy to verify as i have both these cars myself

Last edited:
If you think about it realistically in your mind,
takes codemasters almost 7-8 months to make a new game with massive payroll, and maybe a few rips from turbo dont know anymore,
but either way a big team making a full grid of cars takes a lot of effort,

so yes making a full grid of f1 2018 cars, I would imagine even if I personally had the task and a very short time window,
the cars would not be mm accurate and the textures would not be wow and some things would be lacking in so many areas, this is true,

I know this Nicolas from ACFL they seem like a bunch of decent guys to me there team is small,
and there content is scratch made I have helped them before quite a few years back importing a car back when AC forums was flowing back in 2014 or something,

I can not understand why these guys get so much stick,

please remember why we are all here to drive cars and have fun, thats why these guys make a full grid of cars so everyone can race and have fun together its the key objective,
these guys could create cars just as good as RSS if they was making for example 1 car not full grids of cars.

Here is why the get a lot of crap
1. They have a history of stealing assets from other teams.
2. The quality is still not very good even on their single car releases.
3. There physics aren't very realistic at all.

If you think about it realistically in your mind,
takes codemasters almost 7-8 months to make a new game with massive payroll, and maybe a few rips from turbo dont know anymore,
but either way a big team making a full grid of cars takes a lot of effort,

so yes making a full grid of f1 2018 cars, I would imagine even if I personally had the task and a very short time window,
the cars would not be mm accurate and the textures would not be wow and some things would be lacking in so many areas, this is true,

I know this Nicolas from ACFL they seem like a bunch of decent guys to me there team is small,
and there content is scratch made I have helped them before quite a few years back importing a car back when AC forums was flowing back in 2014 or something,

I can not understand why these guys get so much stick,

please remember why we are all here to drive cars and have fun, thats why these guys make a full grid of cars so everyone can race and have fun together its the key objective,
these guys could create cars just as good as RSS if they was making for example 1 car not full grids of cars.

agree they spent a lot of time for us guys to have fun with a full 2018 grid don't give them such a hard time

3000931-4430274795_not_sure_if_serious_or_just_really_sarcastic_answer_101_xlarge.jpeg

Personally if I'd been previously linked with stealing content but was committed to scratch made stuff going forwards, I'd simply start again with a new name, new intentions.

You are always gonna be linked with your previous content whether you like it or not, so best bet is either avoid ripping from the beginning or start with a new identity if you want to separate yourself from your reputation.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 211 14.3%