Cars Is the ACFL F2018 mod worth it?

Im guessing I'm part of the "problem" of "fanboys" defending them, too. I only have the F1 2017 car of them, open wheelers are not so my thing.

Well as long as noone has called you a fanboy I don't see any reasons why you would think like that. Unless you feel yourself you're one. Nothing wrong in defending a product against false information. But jumping on others if they don't share your views is another thing, that could be called fanboyism.

They are the main reason I have to add a copyright message to my sounds nowadays, multiple (free!) sounds before that have just been taken and sold without my permission ( in the 2016 version I believe). It´s sad, but necessary, and if it wasn´t for the possiblity of this message, not sure whether I still had the motivation to do sounds, only for them to be taken and sold again. A disgrace for the modding community if you ask me. Same case for physics btw.
I have pics of nearly every conversation I had with them, it´s like talking to 8 year olds.
Anyways, don´t buy, seeing that PM no doubt they won´t ever change.

PS: Lets see how many dislikes this gets, wonder how many members acfl has nowadays :laugh:

So post some proof dude. so far I have yet to see any examples/proof of this. that settles this super easily. there is no point in arguing

So post some proof dude. so far I have yet to see any examples/proof of this. that settles this super easily. there is no point in arguing

Oh with pleasure: click
I´m sure theres tons of other posts even here on RD not only from me but several others involved, threads like this one have popped up regularly. I´ll guide people towards the right choice any day with pleasure though. All this stuff is now 2 years ago, and at this point I really couldn´t care less, but hey you asked for it. There really is no point in arguing, because it´s quite obvious and luckily, the majority know about it.

To add on to this, awhile back on the ASR facebook page they showed how ACFL copied lots of textures and the display in the car from ASR's old rfactor mod. You can't see this anymore though because ASR deleted their page and created a private group.

Oh with pleasure: click
I´m sure theres tons of other posts even here on RD not only from me but several others involved, threads like this one have popped up regularly. I´ll guide people towards the right choice any day with pleasure though. All this stuff is now 2 years ago, and at this point I really couldn´t care less, but hey you asked for it. There really is no point in arguing, because it´s quite obvious and luckily, the majority know about it.

well thanks for posting something. i do agree those are your sounds but from the sounds of the broken English response you posted it looks like someone on the board used your sounds with the acfl mod in a video. but it really doesn't go in to if they are included with the download or not. did they include them with the official download?. as far as the 2017 and 2018 mods I don't see anything that's stolen.

Anyway, asking this kind of question on a forum dedicated to RSS and his fans boys will always bring the same style of wacky answer. For those who have not noticed, everything that does not come out from RSS gods went down in flame systematically. If I want an objective opinion on a mod it's not here that I come to get it.
That isn't true at all, it's just that the quality of the past few major mods released is questionable (ACFL F2018, DRM Revival, etc)
I am going to list a few mods that are well received whos creators are not affiliated with the "RSS gods"
-Ben O Bro's Caterhams
-IER Car Pack #1 (Corvette DP, Oreca FLM09)
-Toyota Supra GT500
And trust me, there are plenty more.

To add on to this, awhile back on the ASR facebook page they showed how ACFL copied lots of textures and the display in the car from ASR's old rfactor mod. You can't see this anymore though because ASR deleted their page and created a private group.

Exactly. Apparently theres also stories of them hacking a private FB account of one the ASR members and leaking private info in "revenge" , but don´t quote me on that. But theres definitely more to this whole story than you initally think. Very, very shady people behind that "mod", that´s for sure.

well thanks for posting something. i do agree those are your sounds but from the sounds of the broken English response you posted it looks like someone on the board used your sounds with the acfl mod in a video. but it really doesn't go in to if they are included with the download or not. did they include them with the official download?. as far as the 2017 and 2018 mods I don't see anything that's stolen.

Also keep in mind that if it wasn´t for the AC sound pdate that has broken all the sound mods, they´d have surely went on and used them for quite some time. After all that fuss in 2016, that´s exactly why I had to came up with the copyright message in early 2017 while working on the WIlliams FW37 sound update.
I would be surprised to see their recent mod being 100% scratch made, I´m very open to be convinced otherwise though.

Last edited:
Exactly. Apparently theres also stories of them hacking a private FB account of one the ASR members and leaking private info in "revenge" , but don´t quote me on that. But theres definitely more to this whole story than you initally think. Very, very shady people behind that "mod", that´s for sure.

Also keep in mind that if it wasn´t for the AC sound pdate that has broken all the sound mods, they´d have surely went on and used them for quite some time. After all that fuss in 2016, that´s exactly why I had to came up with the copyright message in early 2017 while working on the WIlliams FW37 sound update.
I would be surprised to see their recent mod being 100% scratch made, I´m very open to be convinced otherwise though.

so
the whole reason i bring up the proof stuff is I have not seen anything stolen from them in a few years. from the looks of it the guy s that run it come across as dicks. but even with the hacked Facebook stuff.. i mean these are stories. in not inclined to just believe everything someone says on a board/forum without something to back it up. and even with the stuff you posted it really doesn't go in to if they actually sold any of that or if it was included in a beta and later removed...

everything in that link relates to a beta of the 2016 mod...

Last edited:
Still, even if the mod is 100% scratch made, it still isn't a good mod. The physics are very grippy and unrealistic, and the models aren't very accurate either.

Still, even if the mod is 100% scratch made, it still isn't a good mod. The physics are very grippy and unrealistic, and the models aren't very accurate either.

Actually i totally agree with you. the tires are also pretty low quality textures, and the ai hates these cars. the mod really isn't worth the price currently but maybe for like 3$-$5/ or the current price after they release all the psd's so we can fix the liveries , but at least i can understand the price given they modeled and skinned each car so quickly. bad or not.... but that's got nothing to do with stolen assets. .... if you think the mod is crap then fine. but don't act like its ALL stolen **** when you have no clue. at that point you are just spreading rumors. in the 2017 and 2018 mods i can at least say for the 2018 mods none of the textures are stolen because kanar streamed himself doing all that on twitch. physics arent stolen, and sounds don't sound stolen.. and could be much better to be honest.. they are pretty flat and have like no bass at all....@

@IMrIMike
so far everything in that link has to do with sound and physics in the beta for the 2016 acfl mod. so what it sounds like to me is some **** happened a few years ago. during the beta phase of a mod. with the sound on one of the cars out of an entire pack of cars and now you have spent the last two years trashing every release weather it has stolen assets or not. you just assume its all stolen. you never verified weather or not they actually sold any of your work or if it was just included with a beta by mistake (which is what the communication in that link seems to indicate)

if i was to just go by what you show in those screen shots you kind of came off confrontational from the start and honestly you both kinda of come off as assholes. that situation could have been handled way better.

Also does anybody here own the 2016 version of the mod that can verify weather or not mikes audio was included with the released version of the mod. same goes for physics

Last edited:
The guy who did the sounds made the 488 GT3 sound mod and the 919 hybrid sound mod. The sounds in the F2018 mod seem somewhat realistic, but it could still use some work.

not private http://www.**************/

You really wanna go into this even further? Fine by me.

so far everything in that link has to do with sound and physics in the beta for the 2016 acfl mod.
Which makes 2/3 of a complete mod. I don´t see what that has to do with beta or not. They sold it fullpriced regardless.

so what it sounds like to me is some **** happened a few years ago. during the beta phase of a mod.
Like I said, happened some time ago, couldn´t care less nowadays. Although consequences had to be taken (copyright message) . People tend to bring up this topic again and again over time and oh, here we go again!

with the sound on one of the cars out of an entire pack of cars
Uhhhm, three, to be exact. The Honda, the Renault, then the Ferrari. Which makes the majority of the pack. For the Mercedes they used the one from NeverKrash if I´m not mistaken.

now you have spent the last two years trashing every release weather it has stolen assets or not. you just assume its all stolen.
Trashing every release? Cmon man, choice of words. Like I mentioned earlier, people tend to bring up this topic over and over again, and I´m most certainly allowed to share my view on these guys am I not? I´m "involved in these mods" after all...

you never verified weather or not they actually sold any of your work
It was literally available for download on their page. For money. ?!.

or if it was just included with a beta by mistake (which is what the communication in that link seems to indicate)
Oh by mistake, never thought of that! That´s right, all my sounds just slipped through the network cables into their computer and got accidentally uploaded!
Seriously - by mistake? Oh boy...

if i was to just go by what you show in those screen shots you kind of came off confrontational from the start and honestly you both kinda of come off as assholes. that situation could have been handled way better.
I simply asked them to remove my sounds from their mod. It was that simple, that´s all they had to do. I asked multiple times. Politely, yet firmly. Nothing confrontational there. They played the dumb card instead and apparently no one knew what was in their mod or who made what.

Listen man, I went through all these shinanigans over and over again. I know exactly what these guys did. If you actually worked on a mod for hundreds of hours and you then see it being ripped and sold by others, and you´re then told to prove you´re the author of your own sounds...I think you´d understand. I really don´t care if you wanna defend them, although there´s little to defend imo. It´s just sad to see what you can get away with nowadays.

Btw @pepe29 : Anything constructive to add or are you just gonna hit the disagree button on everything I say?

You really wanna go into this even further? Fine by me.

Which makes 2/3 of a complete mod. I don´t see what that has to do with beta or not. They sold it fullpriced regardless.

Like I said, happened some time ago, couldn´t care less nowadays. Although consequences had to be taken (copyright message) . People tend to bring up this topic again and again over time and oh, here we go again!

Uhhhm, three, to be exact. The Honda, the Renault, then the Ferrari. Which makes the majority of the pack. For the Mercedes they used the one from NeverKrash if I´m not mistaken.

Trashing every release? Cmon man, choice of words. Like I mentioned earlier, people tend to bring up this topic over and over again, and I´m most certainly allowed to share my view on these guys am I not? I´m "involved in these mods" after all...

It was literally available for download on their page. For money. ?!.

Oh by mistake, never thought of that! That´s right, all my sounds just slipped through the network cables into their computer and got accidentally uploaded!
Seriously - by mistake? Oh boy...

I simply asked them to remove my sounds from their mod. It was that simple, that´s all they had to do. I asked multiple times. Politely, yet firmly. Nothing confrontational there. They played the dumb card instead and apparently no one knew what was in their mod or who made what.

Listen man, I went through all these shinanigans over and over again. I know exactly what these guys did. If you actually worked on a mod for hundreds of hours and you then see it being ripped and sold by others, and you´re then told to prove you´re the author of your own sounds...I think you´d understand. I really don´t care if you wanna defend them, although there´s little to defend imo. It´s just sad to see what you can get away with nowadays.

Btw @pepe29 : Anything constructive to add or are you just gonna hit the disagree button on everything I say?

I'm not out to defend them. my point was if you have issues with people stealing and you bring it up as to why people shouldn't buy a mod than you need to back it up. not just say i heard on a forum so and so did what ever.Like i said you both kind of come across as dicks in that stuff. same goes for them i mean they should have just removed and moved on. no harm no foul. but from the convo you posted you where pissed and confrontational from the get go. and yes i can actually see someone giving them audio and saying its original when it was ripped. in fact **** like that happens all the ****ing time. pro tip.... people lie... A LOT.. for all sorts of reasons and from what they stated the audio was given to them by members.. to me it really comes across as you have more a personal beef with them then anything. but you are totally right to call them out on it just as I'm calling you out on proof.

so far as the 2017 and 2018 mods. i have yet to see any rip accusations. i think if you want to judge them on the mods then just leave it at that. the mods. leave all the OLD rip drama be. you are the one you stated you will find any and every chance to help someone see the way LOL.. if anything you are being way hyperbolic in that link.

Last edited:
I'm not out to defend them. my point was if you have issues with people stealing and you bring it up as to why people shouldn't buy a mod than you need to back it up. not just say i heard on a forum so and so did what ever.Like i said you both kind of come across as dicks in that stuff. same goes for them i mean they should have just removed and moved on. no harm no foul. but from the convo you posted you where pissed from the get go. and yes i can actually see someone giving them audio and saying its original when it was ripped. in fact **** like that happens all the ****ing time. pro tip.... people lie... A LOT.. for all sorts of reasons and from what they stated the audio was given to them by members.. to me it really comes across as you have more a personal beef with them then anything. but you are totally right to call them out on it just as I'm calling you out on proof.

so far as the 2017 and 2018 mods. i have yet to see any rip accusations. i think if you want to judge them on the mods then just leave it at that. the mods. leave all the OLD rip drama be. you are the one you stated you will find any and every chance to help someone see the way LOL.. if anything you are being way hyperbolic in that link.

Well, this is pointless. I regret putting that much effort into the last response, it´s like talking to a certain french modding team :cautious:

The rip drama isn't old, for their FW18 they clearly stole the sounds from MSF's FW24, and the FW15C stole sounds and other assets from ASR. I wouldn't support them until they have clearly change their ways.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.5%