Is that real or simulated......

I was over at a buddies place last night and we were having a beer and looking at Youtube videos of the Goodwood Revival. ( amazing). As they do, other videos popped up. We watched a great one about the Rennsport at Laguna Seca and a fellow driving the 917 K. Awesome. Then a video came up of a 917 going around the Nordschleife. He was really fanging it, and we remarked that you have to trust the driver not to pile up your multi-million dollar classic. The view was from the cockpit, dials and gauges, frantic wheel work and stick shifting. I did note the fellow was not wearing gloves, which we found unusual in a race car. We were caught up in following his very quick lap and as the video ended, I had to laugh. It was a video capture of someones very high tech home cockpit and Assetto Corsa. My buddy could not believe it. We were sure we were watching an on board video. I said come over if you want to take the 917 for a spin one day...ha ha. Gotta love sim racing.

nice ... somehow it looks less real than the tripple screen setup .. I guess VR graphics and greenscreen usage shows too much it is postprocessed with two layers of video .. while that sreen setup is more natural

My father showed me a video of a Bugatti Chiron taking on a bunch of 2017 F1 cars, he couldn't believe it as I told him this was all a game and that the Chiron is just a probably ripped mod and the F1 car is a mod aswell:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back