Is STCC any good?

S

Stephen Mccully

• Stephen Mccully

im thinking of buying stcc. I have read some reviews but am still not sure if its worth purchasing.

How do you guys rate it?

This is easy to sum up!

If you like the S2000 based cars then yes, the cars are a great addition & the tracks are brilliant for them.
If you want to Camaros then yes again, they are good too and again the tracks.
Otherwise you may as well not buy it, but then again it's worth it just for the tracks IMO

I have STCC as an addition to RACE07 & EVO.

The new tracks are interesting and tend to be shorter and tighter than the RACE07 tracks. I was keen to try the Mercedes C-class (BMS) but find it very oversteery and just too much of a handful for me. I am trying to tweak the setup to calm it down a bit.

I downloaded STCC a few days afgo and I love it

The Swedish tracks are superb and remind me a bit of Aus V8 tracks in that they are fairly short and twisty allowing for great racing and superb learnability!

Camaros are good fun so come on guys get out there and downloas it, its only a few quid on Steam!

• Stefan Gunnersen

Okay, I have decided to buy it after reading these good reviews. However, it is sad that there is not so many online servers running STCC. But again, this is what RaceDepartment and other SimRacing websites are for - making people come together and enjoy almost exactly what they want to.

Readf the thread and it looks like i'm gonna get this. I guess its just easier to download from Steam???

Question though:
What happens if i need to rebuild my hard drive or something, can i download it again for free? Can i burn the download to CD so i have a hard copy?

I'm just worried that if I my computer goes bang or something disastrous happens I will loose my copy for good if I down load it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 416 39.8%