Is "rubbing" racing?

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
What are the rules on contact in races? Is it strict no contact? Or what is considered "rubbing" and what is ramming? What happens when there is accidental contact?

I think that there is no excuse for running into the back of someone when racing. You always hear "they braked early" so what, if you watch them for a couple of corners you will see when they brake compared to you and adjust accordingly and outbrake them. I understand that early on in the race there is the likelyhood or contact but once thing settle down then the contact should be minimum and none from behind.

Trevor:thumb:

Spot on Trevor. In the Racing Club we will never accept the excuse "they braked early", it is clearly the responsibility of the following car to avoid contact.

Regarding the first couple of laps problems, that is when most of the trouble starts, and mainly because everyone tries to pass as many cars as possible without taking the time or care to access what other drivers are doing and taking account of cold tyres and brakes. In our Racing Club, we expect every driver to display caution and respect during the opening laps, and then all drivers can have fun with some clean driving.

Warren.
I race in a GTR2 league where you get penalised(points are deducted) if contact is made especially from behind. Also for any other bad driving like cutting etc.
I think that the early contact is because some racers have to win the race on lap 1.
My races are approx 1h.30m so there is plenty of time to win a race.

Trevor:thumb:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back