is rfactor 2 worth getting??

i missed rfactor first time round and have only got a pc again after 7 years away. i'm enjoying the heck out of gsce and that is built on the original engine. i hear the physics and ffb are second to none as is the ai. can you race seasons with the ai or is that available from mods?? is the ai the best out there??

It was only slight stuttering... I notice it in the karts at quebec. Nothing to massively put me off. The tearing I noticed at Monaco. I have i5 6600 with a gtx 970. I think I maxed out everything. Will check out my fps tomorrow. It's midnight here and my g29 is that noisey I dont play this late lol

Best way to remove stuttering for me in RF2 was to go into my nvidia control panel and in "Manage 3D Settings" create a Program Setting for RF2 and set "Maximum pre-rendered frames" to 1. Also make sure you have no vsync set in your nvidia control panel or RF2 settings.

Best way to remove stuttering for me in RF2 was to go into my nvidia control panel and in "Manage 3D Settings" create a Program Setting for RF2 and set "Maximum pre-rendered frames" to 1. Also make sure you have no vsync set in your nvidia control panel or RF2 settings.
Do you not suffer bad tearing without vsync?

Hmmm weerd, I've always had pretty bad tearing without vsync, 15ft projection screen maybe shows it more.
That's weird I never have a issue on my movie screen.

7vw7d3X.jpg

If you a serious simmer then rFactor2 is a must - it is very good already and will only get better.
URD have helped raised the bar with the T5, PX and EGT and the default stuff ain't bad either.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%