Is Racer development dead? Is the Racer Community?

Hey guys, how are you doing ? =)

I've been looking every single day through this forum, looking forward to updates from you, projects, researches, but it seems quite quiet those days.
There is a lot of information about Racer RC11 on racer.nl but there's no word of Ruud or anybody else.
What have you been up to? What are your updates? Are you using another community or something like that? Miss the old RSC gang... hehehe

Anyway... I miss you friends and the old days of our community when it was less fragmented.
I've been talking to AMGfan through facebook and we've been fomenting ideas of new projects in a way to wake up our racing community.

Please, don't let it die. HAHAHA =)
Do you have wishes, unfinished or parallell projects? Let us know =)

Sadly all good stuff is VIP. I want to try some Nissan 180SX but all good cars will never released for public use. This looks so amazing: SexySoul Garage
And that's how teenage brats corrupt the modding communities: "HEY LOOK I HAVE A SWEET CAR AND I'M NOT SHARING IT BAAAAAAH."

Forming all kinds of crew or studio and name it with double-byte characters, all the **** only kids will consider as awesome, brilliant and cool ideas. Turns out only thing they can do is making average 3D models, sometimes only the aero parts for a car ripped from Forza or whatever game it was (mostly the Nissan-breed cheap two-seater drifters,) other than that, all those mods are garbage (Physics and sounds are all pitifully bad.)

Assetto Corsa is kinda better, but also kinda worse than Racer.

AC menu/UI is horrible. So clunky to get going.

AC is so rigid. No rain? No night time? Nothing moves, except maybe flags? Or are they still static?
Racer had waving grass, trees and moving items like 15 years ago!

When you look at what AC have done it’s kinda unimpressive.
Only the content and content dev tools for modders are what have helped it succeed.

I’m still very sceptical it’s even any good at doing road cars, or anything even slightly different... ie, mp4 12c uses springs/dampers not hydraulic suspension... so much for accuracy.

Yes.

I checked Panthera again recently, and it's progressed, but mostly in areas where we don't probably care too much.
Coding/scripting seems to have developed a lot but since we were already somewhat left in the dust on that one, without any real documentation, changelogs, or feedback systems (check the unofficial Panthera forum, it's a bit bleak), it's not really a feature as a hinderance vs our established and fairly well developed scripts we were used to.

I've downloaded UDK/UE4 again a few days ago. I've also picked up my long-term project car and track and I'm going to fire these into it and see where I end up.

It's sad because I fired up RC5c again with my most developed car on a WIP track with nice shaders and it all just feels so 'right'
I can't begin to say how disappointed and frustrated I am that Racer just stopped dead right in the middle of the RC versions... they should have been seeing loose ends tied up but instead they changed huge swathes of Racer and left all the RC versions very good, but also not really good enough for release candidates (assuming you were going to finish things, rather than just add new things and leave existing stuff broken)

But the truth is I know what made Racer right, and I know it can be achieved elsewhere.

Work keeps me busy these days but I still find time for Racer every now and then. I never bought a wheel to replace my old MOMO, but I still have fun even with mouse steering. I'm currently saving to buy a car and I just can't justify the $300-400 for a new wheel right now.

PT8iqZz.png

This mustang has been my new project. AMGfan converted it from GTA SA many moons ago and i've spent some time updating it as well as I can.

And that's how teenage brats corrupt the modding communities: "HEY LOOK I HAVE A SWEET CAR AND I'M NOT SHARING IT BAAAAAAH."

Forming all kinds of crew or studio and name it with double-byte characters, all the **** only kids will consider as awesome, brilliant and cool ideas. Turns out only thing they can do is making average 3D models, sometimes only the aero parts for a car ripped from Forza or whatever game it was (mostly the Nissan-breed cheap two-seater drifters,) other than that, all those mods are garbage (Physics and sounds are all pitifully bad.)

Lol, i worked my ass off on the Physics of that 180SX, sourced sounds from many Youtube vids to get it to sound good etc. U don't know anything and you've never got to try it so why judge? Love that you got butthurt just cause you can't try that "garbage" mod.

I prefer to share my cars, but some cars this site would prefer I not share. I will admit I teased with my Bentley 4.5l Blower for some time, but I did release it. Most of the cars I have released are my own scratch made cars.

I also find it funny you point to cars being ripped from Forza, I wouldn't touch those cars since there is no way you'd be able to release them here. I have converted cars from GTASA, and my Bentley Blower is from sketchup (getting a car from there is not for the faint of heart, and I'm the dummy that's done it a couple times).

Sound in Racer is probably one of the hardest aspects to get perfect (at least to me). Between getting the samples to loop and getting samples that stay at a rpm long enough to be able to use.

I also can't help but noticing you're complaining but have not released cars yourself. I'm wondering if you've tried even modifying a car or creating your own.

I prefer to share my cars, but some cars this site would prefer I not share. I will admit I teased with my Bentley 4.5l Blower for some time, but I did release it. Most of the cars I have released are my own scratch made cars.

I also find it funny you point to ... *sorry for removal.*

You took my words wrong, note that I respect those people who make their cars ground up yet not sharing it.

Yeah... Forza rip-offs are not allow here... but how about "some other" websites related to sim-racing? Take note that "Shift Street" mod for rFactor has its entire fleet ripped directly from those games, UNTOUCHED; when it comes to "conversion," Racer isn't my only concern whatsoever.

There also used to be a 3rd-party RUF Yellowbird mod for Assetto Corsa, which requires you to put Forza disc in the DVD-Rom in order to install it.

My only despise are those who can't drive straight, convert the entire chassis, only made "parts of their cars" and set those as their personal mods, pretend themselves are awesome.

I admit that I did not release any cars because I'm lazy, not bothering to learn how to write such huge amount of factors that I do not understand whatsoever...

Lol, i worked my ass off on the Physics of that 180SX, sourced sounds from many Youtube vids to get it to sound good etc. U don't know anything and you've never got to try it so why judge? Love that you got butthurt just cause you can't try that "garbage" mod.

If that's not the case for you, don't take the seat number.

Pure naiveness... sheesh.

Hi!
I'm new here. I play Racer from many years ago, having towsands of modd's and car part and other stuff.
Here in Portugal i just know 1 guy besides me who plays Racer hes a modder too.
I'm ver sad about Racer anybody seems care about racer simulator anymore. But Racer is my Simulator and i will never stop play it and mod.

Hi!
I'm new here. I play Racer from many years ago, having towsands of modd's and car part and other stuff.
Here in Portugal i just know 1 guy besides me who plays Racer hes a modder too.
I'm ver sad about Racer anybody seems care about racer simulator anymore. But Racer is my Simulator and i will never stop play it and mod.

That's very nice, if you like modding, you should look into doing mods for Assetto Corsa which is more alive than ever.

subarudrift.jpg

^ One of my competition winning pictures from Racer's glory days

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back