Is RACE ON just an add on?

Yes it's addon-content for the RACE'07-platform, how can people still be supprised about this EVERY time Simbin release a 'new' PC title ??

Not that there is anything wrong with that, Simbin IS the most profesional MOD-group out there :D

Mike one more time. Race ON is NOT an add-on (meaning it requires Race07 or GTRE). It is a standalone game. I installed Race ON on a brand new laptop which didnt have a single game on it. BUT you are right and I was wrong. Race ON does not have any Evo contents.

This is what you get for tracks!! (notice full STCC)
1.JPG

Cars:
3.JPG

Mike one more time. Race ON is NOT an add-on (meaning it requires Race07 or GTRE). It is a standalone game.

That's because you purchased the full version. It includes Race07 in the full version.

Sold as the full version, yes it is standalone.

GTR Evo sold as a full version is a stand alone game also. It also includes Race07.

Without Race07, neither Evo nor Race On will work.

But Race On will also be sold as addon through Steam. Meaning you will be required to have Race07 to play.

GTR Evo is the same. Sold as an addon, it requires Race07.

STCC the same. It was sold as a complete game in Scandinavia. But, sold as an addon, it required Race07.

So to answer the OP, yes and no.

Race On can be purchased as an addon or as a full version. But currently only the full version is available.

From SimBin:

RACE On will be available as a stand alone game including all RACE 07 content and an expansion pack for existing owners of RACE 07 will also be available.
http://www.simbin.se/news.php?newsid=151

Cleary, it still requires Race07 whether you call it a standalone or an addon :)

Amazon didnt have an option? so it is only sold as a full version in the US.

But the point is....

Race On will not work without Race07 installed. Period.

You have the dvd, try to get Race On to run without installing Race07. You have the option during the installation procedure.

Don't install Race07. Just install the Race On content and see what happens. It will not run.

Calling it a "stand alone game" is just semantics and marketing.

It's an addon that requires Race07 to function.

But the point is....

Race On will not work without Race07 installed. Period.

You have the dvd, try to get Race On to run without installing Race07. You have the option during the installation procedure.

Don't install Race07. Just install the Race On content and see what happens. It will not run.

Calling it a "stand alone game" is just semantics and marketing.

It's an addon that requires Race07 to function.

I had the option? I did the default install (next, next, next...)

It did have the full STCC:)

Race07 is the base to everything so clearly it has to be there (one way or another).

Making money, hence my useage of "professional" in that sentence :D

The 'Race On' title is clearly intended for wheeling in some US users - US cars, US tracks, go figure. It IS an expansion pack just as STCC and EVO, but as previously mentioned they will all also be sold as a standalone-option-package.

My point is, that people should NOT be expecting new graphics/psysics -engine. It's still the Race'07 platform. Is'nt really that complicated :)

I did'nt say anyone had, consider it bonus-info or whatever, the question in play is if Race On is a new game, or just new content. If one would presume it's a new game, these features could be expected :) I'm just saying don't...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%