PC1 Is Project Cars realistic?

Says the user which accuses everyone of being a fanboy in PCARS ....
Im still wondering why you have changed your name (Emerson Fattibaldi)?
I changed my name because I am not afraid to use my real name, unlike you. And again I inform you that I actually use and race in the Pcars race club here. I love the game and I love racing in the club with it. Why don't you contribute here and give it a go? You might actually enjoy it instead of looking for posts about Pcars that you can troll on.

I changed my name because I am not afraid to use my real name, unlike you. And again I inform you that I actually use and race in the Pcars race club here. I love the game and I love racing in the club with it. Why don't you contribute here and give it a go? You might actually enjoy it instead of looking for posts about Pcars that you can troll on.
:) well you have pretty generic name, so you are still anonymous to be honest .. there are two guys in the world (me including) with my name :)

• Deleted member 113561

I have my real name in PCARS forums (all 3) - nah sry im busy with different other leagues, and i have aswell a real life. Afaik iirc it costs something to drive in that club ...

:) well you have pretty generic name, so you are still anonymous to be honest .. there are two guys in the world (me including) with my name :)
There is only 1 of mine ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
He's the only one banging this drum now (Andy is a different type of weirdo thread-stalker).
Leave him to it. :)

You are becoming tiresome with your childish remarks. You are attempting to troll David and now you attempt to troll me. You need to grow up son.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

The question revolves around realism vs the console hero pcars.
Your post had nothing to do with this thread - there was no content associated to it , I requested that it gets removed
You are becoming tiresome with your childish remarks. You are attempting to troll David and now you attempt to troll me. You need to grow up son.
A troll accusing someone else to be trolling - LOL
No he is not trolling ...
David is trolling, multiple of his posts have nothing to do with this thread and he never brought any facts in here ... your past also have alot of posts which fit into the description of trolling!
I inform now mods / admins to clean up this thread ... your trolling ruined it.

In an ideal world it would be possible to have a discussion like this, but there is so much emotional baggage people are humping around with them from even before the WMD project got underway that it's never going to be possible without a large pile of spat dummies littering the thread.

I'd love to have a grown up conversation about ALL the sims and all their strengths and weaknesses and examine how each dev team approached the impossible task of putting real world physics into a finite computational space, but this is sim-racing and the community just doesn't seem able to be that grown up.
Shame.

No he is not trolling ...
David is trolling, multiple of his posts have nothing to do with this thread and he never brought any facts in here ... your past also have alot of posts which fit into the description of trolling!
I inform now mods / admins to clean up this thread ... your trolling ruined it.

I brought information pertaining to the coding of a real sim, despite this fantasy world where all games are sims and there's no way to tell them apart.
If anyone ruined the thread, I'd be the pcars fanboys who can't hack that they got duped for 4yrs, when genuine sim racers knew the jig was up in early 2012.

Is project cars realistic ? Hmm, who cares it is pure fun.

I drive also other race sim (games). All of them have something special.
rf2 - best physics but poor gfx
rre - great sound, but strange boat feeling (for me)
ac - feels boring for me. I didn't get a feeling of speed and I can't feel the power of the cars. I was surprised to see that the ruf r12r has 700 hp. My personal guess was: 400 hp

My personal opinion is: pcars has the mix of the important features of a sim:
- graphics
- sound
- ffb (physics)
- environment
- gameplay

The total package of pcars is just FUN to drive. The day / night transitions make a big change. Thats amazing.
Physics is not the only thing what a sim make realistic.

Personal is I am not a fan boy of one race sim. I like all of them. I love also Dirt Rally and SCE.
Also I am a wmd member of pcars 2. I sponsor of SCE new race game.
Next week I will buy the DTM 2015 Experience of RRE.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

I brought information pertaining to the coding of a real sim, despite this fantasy world where all games are sims and there's no way to tell them apart.
If anyone ruined the thread, I'd be the pcars fanboys who can't hack that they got duped for 4yrs, when genuine sim racers knew the jig was up in early 2012.
Stop bullshitting ... seriously ...
You have brough 0 facts! So your posts are worth nothing. You quoted just something without any connection to PCARS. You dont know how they code in PCARS!
Unlike you: Im no fanboy - youre obviously are a basher, as you obviously cant accept that PCARS is a good racing sim (and just to be very clear, this can be confirmed by many many real racers) and that its a successful game.

P.s. A fanboy would never admit flaws in its favourite game or even admit that other sims are doing certain things better.

The thread asked is pcars realistic, I've given my opinion, i don't really care if you disagree, but as usual, you want to cast those who disagree with YOU as unworthy of listening to.

As I've said before and over the years, I've bought most pc sims since 2005, and freely admit some of them have problems, and fyi, I've given rf2 the ass as it doesn't work properly with my g27.

I've also owned and driven scores of Australian muscle cars, some with 400hp, I've also watched various motorsport for over 20yrs.....on top of that i know a modder whose PAID to build private vehicles for racing teams (I've also sampled 2 of his cars), and my opinion is that the physics/ffb combo of pcars is problematic and that i have extreme doubts about the physics overall, especially as i know how time consuming building proper sims is

Everything I've said speaks to the thread title, no game bashing has occurred unless YOU want to preemptively exclude discussion of the core aspects that distinguish a real sim from the new breed of simcade games.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 445 39.6%