PC2 Is project cars as good as project cars 2 ?

You probably are better going for pCars2, it's merits were pointed out in the post above. Added to that the AI is better, of course that to a certain extent depends on the combo but overall a nicer experience.

Indeed, pcars2 is what the 1st should have. There may be a few different cars, and many are small variants if the same cars than pcars2, the karts are different (a 125cc with shifter and a 250cc superkart), but overall less tracks and less cars. FFB is not easy to set, once you found good parameters you have to duplicate them for each car as part of its setup (you can only save one by car).Tracks have better tarmac textures though, much more detailed. I've read the career is much better in pcars1, I can't confirm as I don't use the career.

You should not need pcars1 except if you find a car you like and not available in pcars2. Excepted the karts and the japanese pack, I don't have any other in mind.

You should compare the cars and tracks lists (I think all the pcars1 tracks are in pcars2) and decide whether they worth the cost (it is regularly on sale for around 8$, not that much for a few cars you are interested in).

Yeah the only other cars I can think of that are missing is the Aerial Atom, Mercedes DTM car (DLC), Mclaren MP4-12c GT3 and the old Audi R8 LMS Ultra. But there are for sure way more cars and tracks in PC2. Also, the career in both is roughly the same. Finally, the track textures are worse in PC2 due to the live track.

I'd take pcars1 on sale just for the ariel atom V8 and the aston martin dbr1/2, but pcars2 is much superior in pretty much every department, so i wouldn't pay the first more than "DLC price" for the few cars that didn't get ported

If you have Project Cars 2, then you have the much better game. Project Cars 1 is fun though, but has less content (especially the missing Lamborghini and Ferrari cars) and the physics are worse hence it is the older game. I have the first one because I started my sim racing career with it, but unless you are a game collector you should go with PC2.

Love PC2 but I'm so disappointed that the Superkart was removed and all we have is a pretty crappy little go-kart with no gears. I have PC1 and might re-install it just for the Superkarts.

I feel the same, Superkarts were fun, normal karts were meh. I miss the old Nascar car too, I hoped that SMS would expand this category, but they cut out it. I also miss the Aston Martin/Lola LMP1 car and the DTM Mercedes too.

The graphics are a lot better in Pcars 2.
ss164257.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing