PC1 Is Project CARS a simulation? lets vote!

I found on the Xbox One, it doesn't feel like a true sim, and it doesn't feel like an arcade game either, so based on that I voted Simcade.

But come the end of the day it on the Xbox One.
I think to get a true sim, you need to be playing on the PC.

Its a sim for me, the FFB need a little more work thou.
I use the same driving technice in pCars as i do in AC or rFactor, and loose traction in about the excat same corners, the diffrence and wich i feel is better and feels more realistic is that when you loos grip i pCars you are able to regain it.
In for example rFactor you continue to slip of into infinity, like the tyres loos al contact with the road, and just drift away for ever.

I was always bothered by that in the other sims and pCars really nailed it for me on that part.

Well Mike…what do you expect?
Yes, perhaps it can be informative. But it always depends on the person who plays it and his/her experiences with other titles. For some people PCars is probably a hardcore sim, cause they just played Outrun or Sega Rally (or name another arcade title). Some years ago I also would have called PCars a sim before I knew Iracing, Assetto Corsa or rfactor. Now that I know these titles I personally wouldn’t call PCars a sim, but you know what? That doesn’t matter to me as I really enjoy this game right now and don’t think about categorizing it.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s all good to do this poll, I just wanted to express my opinion about it. ;)

Definitely not a sim,all you have to do to find out is to get the c9 mercedes out for a spin at Nurburgring with both games assetto and project cars ,you will soon find out the huge difference between the arcade and the sim.
I think we all understand the words arcade and simulation ,that's why i think that project cars is a bad simulation ,it is impossible to hit full throttle in a 900 hp beast out of a corner and nothing to happen not even a decent spin .If you do it in assetto you'll find yourself spinning out of track. I don't say that in the assetto the representation is super exact as it is in real life but i can say for sure that is far more near to it.

Last edited:
A vote means an opinion, and while you can have different opinions, facts are simply facts. And facts say it's a sim:

Tire model: http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/inside-project-cars-seta-tire-model/
Physics/simulation: http://en.pcars.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Physics

Wether you think it's a good sim, wether you like it or think it's absolutely horrible, now that's something to vote on/discuss about. :)

Personally, I think a lot of the excellent physics and FFB engine is lost because it's not translated properly to the wheel because of not-so-great defaults and lacking/non-existent documentation. Doesn't make it a non-sim though.

I'd vote but there's wasn't option for
"Who cares what the haters say, I am having a blast"
and if you you ran in one of the club races you will realize it's drawing many racers from multiple racing titles and I've heard very little complaints asides from some bugs.
is it a sim? to many yes, to the small percentage of hard cores that continually bring up these stupid threads....no
what I think is more important than sim or not, is how is it contributing to the racing community.
I see a game that is currently drawing the casual and serious racers onto the track and racing together, which some might not see but that's a good thing!
The more casual gamers that are drawn to this title the greater the potential that some may want to take the leap to other pc titles there for strengthen the future and community.
let's please stop these these type of threads :)

Definitely not a sim,all you have to do to find out is to get the c9 mercedes out for a spin at Nurburgring with both games assetto and project cars ,you will soon find out the huge difference between the arcade and the sim.
I think we all understand the words arcade and simulation ,that's why i think that project cars is a bad simulation ,it is impossible to hit full throttle in a 900 hp beast out of a corner and nothing to happen not even a decent spin .If you do it in assetto you'll find yourself spinning out of track. I don't say that in the assetto the representation is super exact as it is in real life but i can say for sure that is far more near to it.

Strange if I go WOT with any steering angle out of a corner in pCars I spin like crazy.

It's a sim, but I'm not sure on the quality of sim. I'l just say that it's a good simulation game, but that I prefer other sims when it comes to driving. At the end of the day it was not made for racing teams to develop cars and train drivers, it was made as a piece of racing entertainment with realistic driving.

I think it does that pretty well.

I think we all understand the words arcade and simulation ,that's why i think that project cars is a bad simulation ,it is impossible to hit full throttle in a 900 hp beast out of a corner and nothing to happen not even a decent spin .
Those days there was awesome downforce, ask Keke Rosberg he knows...

If you do it in assetto you'll find yourself spinning out of track.
O really, ask me which car not spin in AC so easily that I must LOL all the way to the finish...

If you ask me, it's more of a sim than AC. (bring on the hate)
Here is why:
Most people here think "sim" is solely based on physics...
While that is definitely a component to it, that is not all.

Other factors at play that might make make a game a simulation include, dynamic weather. Real time light changing. Smells from the cars. The feeling of a bug flying into your racing helmet.
The gorgeous girls at your side while standing on the podium after a race. The cockpit getting warmer as the day goes on. Your pit crew feeding you information etc... + many many other things.

All of these things are part of a real race, and thus aid in simulating the racing experience.
So far I think Project Cars delivers more of these "non physics" based aspects to the racing experience than any other game. While also doing a very nice job on the physics. I've never driven 99% of these cars so I can't say exactly what is physically possible.

However so far with this game I have felt that it simulates the entire racing experience more so than the others that I have tried. So to me (not necessarily to you) it is more of a simulation than the others.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.1%