Is my rig good enough for Fanatec gear?

Hey all,

I have a GT Omega Art cockpit. It's rock solid for my G920 and I'm very happy with it. I've just purchased the CSW 2.5 base with the CSR wheel, and the CSL Elite pedals with the loadcell kit. I'm not the kind of guy to put the resistance up to highest and I tend to be quite gentle with my gear. I'd be thinking total middle of the road force feedback settings with one of the lighter load cell springs. Will this rig hold up okay to this stuff? I don't really want to upgrade this rig yet - I know I'll have to one day if I make the jump to DD, but I don't expect to do that for at least 2 years if the CSR 2.5 is as good as I've heard.

Hey all,

I have a GT Omega Art cockpit. It's rock solid for my G920 and I'm very happy with it. I've just purchased the CSW 2.5 base with the CSR wheel, and the CSL Elite pedals with the loadcell kit. I'm not the kind of guy to put the resistance up to highest and I tend to be quite gentle with my gear. I'd be thinking total middle of the road force feedback settings with one of the lighter load cell springs. Will this rig hold up okay to this stuff? I don't really want to upgrade this rig yet - I know I'll have to one day if I make the jump to DD, but I don't expect to do that for at least 2 years if the CSR 2.5 is as good as I've heard.

I have the art cockpit too, and I found that it flexed too much with my TS-PC racer wheel. I bought some table legs made out of powder-coated square tube, then I cut them to length and then bolted them on both sides of the frame between the wheel tray and the frame at the bottom. Underneath in the pic you can see one of the tubes, the other one is hidden by the keyboard. They're just bolted to the existing tubes with M6 bolts and nyloc nuts. Then it is stiff enough for even a DD wheel. And I also added a footplate behind the pedals, made out of 12mm MDF sprayed matt black, and stuck on with 3M two-sided sticky tape. That really makes a difference to the comfort on longer sessions.
IMG_1965.JPG
IMG_1962.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back