Is marriage outdated?

I ask because these days, I see many couples divorcing each other, it could be many reasons, like losing interest in one another,money issues, affairs, etc.

Many of those families seem to have kids, and, divorce is generally hard on the kids.

Nobody said marriage was easy, though. Spending the rest of your life with your partner, and, staying with each other through times good and bad, you may end up hating each other. Many people take the easy way out and end the marriage by walking out, or, as I said, cheating on their spouse.

These days, I see couples living together without marriage and raising children just the same as a healthy married couple.

My mom, as I said in past threads, has quite a strict interpretation of Shi'a Islam, and she finds it in distaste that I date a person who is not Indian, Pakistani, or Middle Eastern and is not a Shi'ite. My sister is the same way. Me, I don't want a wife who is religious, because, it makes everything more stressful and depressing for me. I don't care what skin colour she is, what ethnicity she is, or anything else, As I said, I do care about her religious views.

Anyway, back on topic, these days, people don't seem to uphold their marriages, and, it makes me wonder if I can ever find a girl who is committed to spend the rest of my life and her life raising our children and finding whatever amorous feelings we share with one another.

Logically, if you're James Hunt and you sleep with 5,000 women, then all those children of those 5,000 women will have tough lives. I know for us men, womanising and objectifying women is common and we all want to be like Hugh Hefner or James Hunt, but, life will become more difficult for those women you slept with, and, a woman's feelings should be more important when having some form of relationship with them.

Also, Islam allows men to marry four wives, but, having one wife is difficult, and two, three or four wives multiply the difficulty. But, I sort of digress, again.

Logically, if you really care about life, you would stay with one woman (or man) because taking care of many children from many different mothers requires a lot of money, but, staying with one wife and raising those children sounds like the most logical decision you can make in life. Then again, love is not logical.

The concept of marriage is sure outdated. But I guess it depends on what side you are on.

For me, I don't need a fake ring or fake title to live with a ONE woman for the rest of my life. After all, It's all about what you want to get out of it. But for me, it's just a title. I don't need to show the world that I have "scored" (no, not that score :rolleyes:)

I'm not that old yet, but I guess, 10-20 years ago, a marriage was all true and pure. But today, people are getting married just for getting married. and then 3-5 years later, they are getting divorced.

I have said to myself, that I will never get married. Not officially anyway. If my woman makes my day and just being there for me, when I need to, That's all I need.

Marriage is an agreement and oath. I believe if you don't marry with someone you are partnering when you have a chance, it means you are not serious on your relationship and do not want commitment. Of course that does not mean all married couples are committed, but still there is an intention to be.

Also i think that it is needed if there is going to be children. All the legal issues are messed up otherwise.

On the other hand, as William already pointed out, marriage is both expensive and in some cases hard with all those unnecessary rubbish ceremonies and waste of money, time etc... IT should be easier, but legally more solid. Only seriously committed couples should get married and have children.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back