GT Sport Is it worth to pay a monthly fee for the multiplayer function of GT Sport or you are better off with Assetto Corsa?

I think the question has more than one answer. If you are looking for a solid multiplayer experience ex. at any time of the day lot of players online, a good system for the online championship then the answer is yes, but if you are looking for clean races, then you are better of if you will look at other free multiplayer experiences. The biggest culprit is the stupid penalizing system. It is working well in let's say 80% of the cases, but the remaining 20% will ruin your race, your championship standings, and in the end your day.

I'm guessing you are referring to the PSN subscription? If so, you usually need that to access the on-line mode of any paid game (free-to-play is usually exempt), so I suspect you will need it to play AC on-line anyway - well, at least it says that in the game description https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4040-CUSA01797_00-ASSETTOCORSAXXXX

EDIT: did you mean AC on PS4? After re-reading I realised you did not say if it was PS4 or PC

Yes I was referring to PSN subscription I had it for a month but I canceled it. Yes AC for PC. Basically I wanted to start a discussion about the value offered by Sony vs AC for PC. In the beginning, I was very optimistic about playing GT Sport but increasingly I got frustrated because of the penalty system. A lot of rough drivers, dive bombers got away and finally won the race pushing everybody out, and this happened on S clas of Sportsmanship!! Just imagine life in E class. Yes maybe in A+ or S driving class life is more civilized but to get there most of the races you have to be a really bad guy otherwise you will not score enough points. Maybe with the advance of AI capabilities things will get sorted out in GT10 or eleven but until then for that money I will rent an AC server.

I migrated from PS4 to PC and have been really pleased with AC so far, but I have only played on-line with the group here. You still need to pay to become a premium member (€15 for a year) and it's purely casual, so it might not be suitable for you. The racing however seems a lot more respectful. I don't know exactly why, maybe people who take the time to sign up for a specific event have a slightly different mindset?

The penalty system was definitely flawed when I last played, but as you mentioned above, 80% of the time it was fine, so I never really worried too much about it.

On the cost, if you are only getting PSN for GTS, then I don't think it's great value for money, but you you can often get membership on sale from time to time. I have it still for other games, so for me it was an easy choice and a cheap and cheerful entry to sim racing

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back