Is it worth buying?

I would suggest yes.

try it for a bit, see if you like it.

SOme of the mods available are awful, some are really very good, most are capable and offer some new aspects.

Genrally I would say its worth getting, if only to help the guys develop it with some wonga. But to be honest I played it for a couple of months then left it alone until it is finished.

Dont expect a full game, just expect a beat with flaws and issues, but the gameplay alone and FFB is very good.

In my opinion the braking in this game is unsurpassed. FFB is some cars also, but in others it is way, way off the mark

The thing is about rF2 is that now it is quite good, but it will only get better with amazing mods in development from CTDP, Mak Corp etc.

What I will say is that it definitely WILL be worth it; it might not be the best value for money right now, but once all of the really amazing mods are released, it will become the new benchmark in sim racing.

Basically? Buy it. You will anyway eventually.

Cheers,
Chris

I objectively can't see how a beta of anything could be worth $50+. When it's done, sure, but now, no.

Huge, stupid looking grin in my face when driving Renault Megane´s or old Formula´s in almost any given track is the reason for me.Basically its a best driving experience I have ever felt in a game. :)

Its not pretty and its buggy as hell but I just dont care.
Its just like me. :p

The first build was a joke for FPS, but lately it seems ok...
It's well documented that FPS varies greatly from system to system. I've had no issues from day one, and my rig is four years old. There's also people with far better rigs that are still having issues.

Sure, but if you want to do some decent racing now, why would you want a beta of a game, if it's "buggy as hell"?
Other that the issues revolving around features which are either unfinished or have not yet been implemented, I've had almost no problems at all. It's certainly not complete, but it's not buggy as hell either.

Sure, but if you want to do some decent racing now, why would you want a beta of a game, if it's "buggy as hell"?
Talk to the guys who participate in the GT's and F3's. Then I am sure you will rethink your statement :)

To me, its simple. I have NEVER, since I started simracing, had SO much fun with a game as I have had with rf2. Yes, there are bugs, but they mostly appear in preperation and mod creation (the things the endusers do NOT have to do....). To me, as organizer of the events, a lot of bugs are visible. To the end user, a lot are NOT visible. The only ones they see, are the ones with f.i. HDR which works not properly. Turn HDR off, and there are no issues with it. Simple as that.

To me, these 50 euros where the best 50 I spend on a game. Ever.....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 264 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 174 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 173 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 233 13.6%