Is it Sim or Arcade?

Msportdan

@Simberia
I cant make my mind up....

what you guys thinks. It feels like an shift 2 -ish racer with a sort of edgy handling thrown in.. The AI are fast but seem like from an arcade game! They bash you cut corners...etc

Must admit the FFb is very good but does it hide a simple physics system? Can I have some opinions please? Unbiast if possible, maybe compared to AC & RF2 GSCe.

must admit just bought the ADAC and wow!!! what a quality game.. sure work still needs to be done, sometimes the Ai just come to a complete stop and they bunch up too much, but handling is lovely to go with the awesome ffb .. I like it... I like it a lot welldone S3S

just did back to back runs with RF2 and the GT Camaro. there not a lot in it physics wise.. OK theres rr and the derfomable tyre. but I felt less confident in the Rf2 car, it felt skittish. have to give another go but looking fwd to what s3s can do with this title

thanks good to know please one main thing make the AI overtake cleverly and defend tight corners if player is behind them. Lot of potential in this title maybe we may just get the heyday of old back.

When R3E was conceived it was designed and specified by the people who pay the bills that it should be an "authentic" experience, something a little more relaxed, and that is what Simbin delivered, like it or not (any many expressed they did not, I know)

Now the people who pay the bills tell us we can go ahead and create the best sim experience we can, and that is exactly what we will aim to achieve, this will come in the form of not only more realistic physics but more real world options (thinking car setup, game options and things like this here), and whilst we will strive to make this the best Sim experience we can we will work double hard on making sure the game is just as easy and just as accessible to the more casual player by better driving aid configurations rather than more relaxed physics, I have always been of the opinion the underpinnings should as correct as possible with the aids and accessibility overlayed on top.

All this stuff will take time and will not happen overnight, but be assured this is our focus, along the way we will find ways to communicate and involve our customers in the changes we aim to make as well.....phew, now I am going to bed to dream about the aero work I am doing in the morning :D

I bought the ADAC pack (+1 on the heavy discount for the DTME owners) because I want to support you guys in what you do, you are a great contributor for the Sim Racing community.

BUT, basically you are blatantly admitting that the customers were lied to. From the beginning R3E was advertised as "Get Real" and we all know how that ended: people being disappointed about many things (like those damn corner markers that took forever to get rid off, which was really a more relaxed "feature", to put it your way) and ultimately bankruptcy, new studio, etc. What is really disturbing is that this was known all along (as you say here) but still was advertised in a different way. I'm not saying it's your fault, I fully understand how things go, I know you would love to make the ultimate sim, but finances play a critical role, etc. But still, this can be damaging on a long term.

You need to be really careful about what you promise, especially on a long term. We all want to hear that you are working on all these sim features, don't get me wrong, but people are very inpatient, especially in this niche community of Sim Racing. Especially when "people who pay the bills", as you put it, can cut the funding when they will feel this is not bringing financial benefits (hoping this will never be the case). Your approach is definitely ideal (better driving aid configurations rather than more relaxed physics) and I wish you all the luck and will keep supporting (by paying) as long as you provide quality work.

Devs should stay away from topics like this but this time I will reply ;)

As you know, we are powered by ISI physics engine (graphics engine is our own), the same you can find in gMotor based simulators, and with newest ffb updates and physics improvements there is only one answer to that question :) . As a simracer who is using mainly iRacing, I love driving R3E after latest update. (some older cars may need update though)

My favourite combo is BMW Z4 GT3 on Red Bull Ring, I can't work anymore guys, really, and every time I do few laps I watch them all the time, again and again, just can't stop looking at suspension movement when car drives over the bumps, and how reacts when I brake ect. Our physics guys did great job improving vehicle dynamics and FFB .

BTW.Those 100 views in this video are mine! Just so you know ;)

But i notice only player's car have those suspension movement animation, all AI movement looks weird like the car are skating (No Bump). Another thing is when AI take a turn, the turn animation looks unnatural like they are use joy pad, not smooth/precise as you use racing wheel controller. Hope you guys will improve it. Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
Guys! You do fine work, it is very similar to rollers with youtube.
I hope for correction in mechanical damages of transmission, to modify dependence of wear, an overheat of tires on aggressive settings of machines.
The request not to spoil FFB, it also is so fine. It is possible to polish and add a few effects from a vertical overload of a car where visually the car jumps up.
In due time I liked a beta the version of the game Assetto Corsa, but after numerous updatings of physics I was disappointed in it more and more. When there is such fine and perspective R3E, Assetto Corsa lies dead freight.
I hope you it you won't spoil and don't turn into similarity of Assetto Corsa which will also lie on "shelf"
Excuse for my Russian =)

BUT, basically you are blatantly admitting that the customers were lied to. From the beginning R3E was advertised as "Get Real"

I think you are reading too far too much into this.

IMO Simbin were honest. There was an interview in RAVSim almost 2 years ago

http://ravsim.com/2013/04/16/simbin-raceroom-racing-experience/

Who is R3E targeted at? Is it a watered down sim aiming to be accessible for all gamers, or an unabashed no compromise simulation for experienced simracers?
Diego Sartori: RaceRoom Racing Experience is a racing game, period.

Not a simulation, not an arcade game, not a simracing game purely for simracers, it is a racing game for fans of real racing and racing games in general.

What we try to do is imitate real racing rather than simulate real racing.

I also feel that posts like yours are why most devs do not post in forums. It would be a shame if S3S stopped being as open as they currently are.

The only place it doesn't feel very sim to me is with braking. Feels too easy.
But overall I think it's a really nice mix.

Hehe - I've had difficulty with the braking before and even posted on here about it.

Take the Cruze around Portimao and hit the brakes hard on the second downhill section, approaching the hairpin left, and you usually find the brakes lock up at some point and the car turns HARD right into the barriers.

I've found other spots where I hit a similar problem, braking hard on a downhill, that I never experience in rF2 or AC. I also get it to jump around and have to correct under braking at times when, once again, AC in particular is smooth and easy - for example, Monza approaching turn one at full speed braking around the 150 marker can give me a bit of wobble if I don't feather the pedal as I get closer.

I really do find AC and rF2 a lot easier to brake in. I'm not sure which sim has it right though :O_o:

I love R3E because it imitates real racing so good,it has the most intense atmosphere when competing each other,the most wonderful sounds,tracks and car classes.
I like the physics too and i like to believe that i am a hardcore simracer . If it is going to be better i ll be glad ,if it remains as is i ll be happy!
One thing about this wonderful game was bad and this was policy, hope this is going to change!

ive been playing a bit with gsc and coming back to RR, and im struggling to play rr tbh. Turning just feels like its on a centre pivot, just feels wrong. Still great fun, but I wouldnt call the physics in this, the best of the industries. Reminds me a bit of forza handling. Good but just not quite sim like. I know devs as andy says all reach goals differently, but Ive had 17 new cars from the age of 17, yes they all feel different in steering feel, but none of them defy the laws of physics in the way they each corner.

I could imagine this game doing really well on consoles.....

Something S3 could consider.?

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%