Is it save to do Steam integrity check with Sol, apps & mods?

Hi all,

I still have not wound a solution for my issue where Rift´s right eye view has a "double screen" always when I turn pp filters on and works fine when pp filters are off. I have found two other identical cases in forums where I guess the solution was to reinstall Assetto Corsa. That´s seems really scary for me since I have hundreds mod tracks and cars, apps installed, Sol etc. And what will happen to my Sim Racing System "Career" if I reinstall the game and everything again?
Is there any safe way to do this reinstall to keep everything working?

So what about Steam integrity check for Assetto Corsa, could that be the first option to try before reinstalling the whole game? Is it save to run or will my mods/apps get "broken" somehow in the process?

So far I have just turned pp filters off because the issue, but now it would make the game look so much better with Sol + Sol pp filter enabled. Without pp filter the Sol´s night sky looks quite bad (blocky with green spots etc) but when enabling filters it looks amazing!

Really hope someone can help me solve this issue, thanks!

Hi,
I can't help you that much but I can tell you at least what the integrity check does:
It only checks the default folders that are there when you have a fresh install.
It will replace all edited, original files without asking.
It won't touch the documents folder.
It won't delete added mod tracks.

It will overwrite things like edited config files in the steam folder (like activating gyro or edited damper settings). It will overwrite your pp filter if you edited one of the default ones.
It will overwrite edited cars or tracks. Although you shouldn't have any of this type.
It will overwrite edited/replaced texture files. Like a different windscreen texture, replacing the "driving wrong direction" texture to get rid of it etc etc.

And it will overwrite the default weathers from sol. The 01_clear etc that are at the very top of the weather folder.
It will also replace the standard clouds.
However it won't overwrite the sol config, since these are new files!

So I would advise to just install sol again after the integrity check and if you edited anything regarding sol (I changed the white balance and the reshade ini), make a backup.

I hope that helps a little. :)
It's a mess to have to do this and after starting completely fresh once, I do a backup every time I changed some stuff and it's still working.
Takes over an hour to put that all on my external HDD but worth it!

I did an integrity check after installing SOL and it was fine. The only thing I noticed it did was revert my "wrong way sign", I had a custom one that would not show the wrong way sign when you're driving the wrong way but after the integrity check the sign was back. Easy to fix though, and everything with SOL seemed fine. (Note: I had literally just installed SOL so I had not done any tweaking and cannot say if tweaks will be retained)

Thank for your help! I was brave and did the integrity check - it found 131 files that it had to redownload and after quick test everything (including Sol) seems to be working as before. Unfortunatelly this did not fix the Oculus Rift right eye´s "double screen" problem when pp filter is enabled :(

I really wish I could somehow solve the issue without reinstalling everything... Anyone got any ideas what to try for fixing the right eye issue with filters?

In case I end up reinstalling everything, could anyone clarify a bit how the reinstalling affects to Sim Racing System "Career" or RSR Live Timing Records? Do I lose them?

Thanks!

i had the same problem with you. if you have the latest content manager it has no longer the shadow patch when the shadows are off. that helped me before. now i just put shadows on (any level) and the right eye is ok.

I might try reinstalling Oculus Home first. No idea if that will fix it but it's probably easier than reinstalling AC.

I have done that multiple times, but the issue remains.. Thanks for the suggestion though.

i had the same problem with you. if you have the latest content manager it has no longer the shadow patch when the shadows are off. that helped me before. now i just put shadows on (any level) and the right eye is ok.

I think I have the latest version 0.8.1959.36002 (3/2/2019) but issue remains no matter my shadow setting is in video settings tab (off.../1024/2048/4096). Only difference is that if shadows are set to "off" then the right eye´s upper part of the double screen goes black..

Thanks again for your suggestions, hope someone can figure this out!

btw the integrity check afaik overwrites the custom clouds from SOL. Just checked my "backup_original" folder vs the current one. Definitely not the same!
That might be the only thing that needs to be re-installed for SOL though.

Hope you get it fixed! :)

it may sound silly but do you save the settings as a file after you change the values? also do you use steam or oculus home? cause some settings from steamvr may cause this. i dont use none of them but i dont know...another thing i forgot is if you have shader patch enable do not enable any cpu merz (or something) and multi(something) in settings. sorry i am not on gaming pc right now

Last edited:
it may sound silly but do you save the settings as a file after you change the values? also do you use steam or oculus home? cause some settings from steamvr may cause this. i dont use none of them but i dont know...another thing i forgot is if you have shader patch enable do not enable any cpu merz (or something) and multi(something) in settings. sorry i am not on gaming pc right now

I tried saving video settings presets also but the issue remains. Also tried unchecking those optimization options you mentioned, but no luck. I actually don´t think this is CM or Sol related issue anyways since I have had this issue from the very first time I used my Oculus Rift - then I had no CM or Sol or nothing ever installed, a few mod tracks and cars only. I remember I almost lost my mind trying to get it to work because this right eye issue, but after a few days trying, I noticed it gets fixed when pp filters are disabled. Never used pp filters since, but would love to now because of Sol.. and the brake lights ;)

Thanks again for suggestions!

YYYEEESSSSS!! I managet to solve my Oculus right eye´s double screen issue! I happened to find this post where the same issue occurred with VIVE and Assetto Corsa:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/135514507322957572/

And there someone answered "I have seen this before with people with Sweet fx installed on their pc.... do you have Sweet fx... if so uninstall it." I did not even know what Sweet fx was and if I had it or not. Then I found this video from youtube that tells how to uninstall it from your game and I that I did:

And voilá! Now it works and I can use pp filters in VR after a full year of trying to find a solution :):laugh:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%