Is it possible to switch the country of a track?

Is it possible to switch the countries around and still have the game function (Let's say switching Belgium to France?) I know there's a ''Home Race Hero'' trait, would that still work if switching countries is possible?

You need to use the unity asset bundle extractor and open resources.assets. From there you will need to export:
locations.txt
nationalities.txt (purely for reference for the proper codes for the countries/flags you want)
shared.txt
locations.txt allows you to obviously edit the locations and shared allows you to rename the tracks as it will appear on the calendar.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hc4rW51k-CelstbCppXp2a_t_ke91eTXoCSkid2U7W0/edit?usp=sharing

This is a link to my spreadsheet that I am using that made my True Endurance mod. The first tab is all the "new" tracks I made, and then the shared tab shows you what I named the tracks

You need to use the unity asset bundle extractor and open resources.assets. From there you will need to export:
locations.txt
nationalities.txt (purely for reference for the proper codes for the countries/flags you want)
shared.txt
locations.txt allows you to obviously edit the locations and shared allows you to rename the tracks as it will appear on the calendar.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hc4rW51k-CelstbCppXp2a_t_ke91eTXoCSkid2U7W0/edit?usp=sharing

This is a link to my spreadsheet that I am using that made my True Endurance mod. The first tab is all the "new" tracks I made, and then the shared tab shows you what I named the tracks

So is there any way to rename Track A from Track B for example? Like if I wanted to name Phoenix Track A to ''Daytona'' and Phoenix Track D to ''Watkins Glen'' just for fun?

If you want to keep the Phoenix A, then look at track 50 in the location.txt tab of my spreadsheet. Export the files with the asset bundle extractor, and open or import them in a spreadsheet. Copy the Phoenix A down to the bottom, change the Circuit ID to the next available number (which should be 50 if this is the first track you are adding) and then you will need to change the location ID (replace the 000 part with 111 for example). Finally, if you want more Daytona like weather, switch climate to warm or tropical.

Next you need to go into shared.txt and find the track locations portion, which should be around line 159. Insert a new line below Phoenix, and copy the Phoenix line down rename Phoenix to Daytona and change the ID to match what you did for Daytona in the locations tab.

If you never want to see the name Phoenix again, you can just edit the location ID in shared.txt and you permanently made Phoenix and all it's layouts into Daytona. However if you want a Watkins Glen as well, you need to edit at least 1 layout as above for Watkins

For Watkins Glen, I would suggest a climate of cool or moderate. It hits the cool numbers in winter, but moderate numbers in summer.

Once your edits are done, you need to export your files in CSV format then open the CSV's with note pad and save as txt files. Make sure the text files are named like they appeared on the asset bundle extractor list and import/overwrite the files in resources.assets.
Save new resources.assets to your desktop, find your "old" version and rename it. Then throw your new version in the same folder.
Start up MM and find a series you know uses Phoenix A and see if the name changed on the schedule. If the game loads, and the names are changed, you can delete your "old" resources.assets file since it is no longer needed and they take up over 200MB of space.

If it doesn't work, post screen shots and I'll help troubleshoot

Last edited:
If you want to keep the Phoenix A, then look at track 50 in the location.txt tab of my spreadsheet. Export the files with the asset bundle extractor, and open or import them in a spreadsheet. Copy the Phoenix A down to the bottom, change the Circuit ID to the next available number (which should be 50 if this is the first track you are adding) and then you will need to change the location ID (replace the 000 part with 111 for example). Finally, if you want more Daytona like weather, switch climate to warm or tropical.

Next you need to go into shared.txt and find the track locations portion, which should be around line 159. Insert a new line below Phoenix, and copy the Phoenix line down rename Phoenix to Daytona and change the ID to match what you did for Daytona in the locations tab.

If you never want to see the name Phoenix again, you can just edit the location ID in shared.txt and you permanently made Phoenix and all it's layouts into Daytona. However if you want a Watkins Glen as well, you need to edit at least 1 layout as above for Watkins

For Watkins Glen, I would suggest a climate of cool or moderate. It hits the cool numbers in winter, but moderate numbers in summer.

Once your edits are done, you need to export your files in CSV format then open the CSV's with note pad and save as txt files. Make sure the text files are named like they appeared on the asset bundle extractor list and import/overwrite the files in resources.assets.
Save new resources.assets to your desktop, find your "old" version and rename it. Then throw your new version in the same folder.
Start up MM and find a series you know uses Phoenix A and see if the name changed on the schedule. If the game loads, and the names are changed, you can delete your "old" resources.assets file since it is no longer needed and they take up over 200MB of space.

If it doesn't work, post screen shots and I'll help troubleshoot

I edited the files (With Notepad++) but they are all saved as .dat on my desktop and they are all called ''Unamed asset-resources.asset'' with different numbers

Edit: I managed to get it to work but the flags / countries remain the same and the tracks say ''String in database not yet translated'' then the flag / country number. Only on the tracks I tried changing country on though, I renamed Milan to Monza and that worked just fine.

Edit 2: Now that I tried further the game just crashes even if I do a fresh one. When I verify the game Steam says that one file failed to validate.

Edit 3: Okay so now the game launches but when I attempt to go into Single Race to check out the changes it crashes. The Campaign loads but all the tracks crash my game.

Last edited:
Is editing the Driver Traits similar to Tracks? I took a look through your Spreadsheet and the new Traits look really cool.
Driver traits are much easier as they don't have to be imported back into resources.assets. however if you aren't using any mods, you will need to put it in your Modding (or is it mods?)/Databases

I also can't take full credit for all of those. The fire mod guys inspired several and many are in conjunction with flamingred's mod.

I edited the files (With Notepad++) but they are all saved as .dat on my desktop and they are all called ''Unamed asset-resources.asset'' with different numbers

Edit: I managed to get it to work but the flags / countries remain the same and the tracks say ''String in database not yet translated'' then the flag / country number. Only on the tracks I tried changing country on though, I renamed Milan to Monza and that worked just fine.

Edit 2: Now that I tried further the game just crashes even if I do a fresh one. When I verify the game Steam says that one file failed to validate.

Edit 3: Okay so now the game launches but when I attempt to go into Single Race to check out the changes it crashes. The Campaign loads but all the tracks crash my game.
Can you post a screen shot of your locations.txt as it looks in a spreadsheet or in notepad++, also the track portion of shared.txt

Can you post a screen shot of your locations.txt as it looks in a spreadsheet or in notepad++, also the track portion of shared.txt

This is what they look like (Unedited, obviously)

Attachments

• sdefeewse.png
    sdefeewse.png
    311.2 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Ok. I wanted to see what your edits looked like.
When you are extracting with the asset bundle extractor are you using the plug-in button to export to text? You shouldn't be extracting as .dat

Yes! At first I was using the other export options until I discovered the Plugin option.

Here's one of my edits somewhat based on 1970's tracks.

Ignore the Australia next to PR Circuit, I just noticed that.

Attachments

• ytyyityi.png
    ytyyityi.png
    232.5 KB · Views: 353
Yes! At first I was using the other export options until I discovered the Plugin option.

Here's one of my edits somewhat based on 1970's tracks.

Ignore the Australia next to PR Circuit, I just noticed that.
Ok I see the problem. You cannot change the location name in the first column of the location.txt
You just need to have the locationID match the newly named location and locationID in shared.txt
If you fix it and it still doesn't like things, it may be the non-standard English characters

I also see that you are using 2 different codes for UnitedStates, 10001070 and 10001024, 1024 is Qatar.
Also, you will want to change the hemisphere for the South Africa track from north to south or your weather will be 6 months off. Conversely, flip the hemisphere on Cape Town/Monaco as well

Last edited:
Ok I see the problem. You cannot change the location name in the first column of the location.txt
You just need to have the locationID match the newly named location and locationID in shared.txt
If you fix it and it still doesn't like things, it may be the non-standard English characters

I also see that you are using 2 different codes for UnitedStates, 10001070 and 10001024, 1024 is Qatar.
Also, you will want to change the hemisphere for the South Africa track from north to south or your weather will be 6 months off. Conversely, flip the hemisphere on Cape Town/Monaco as well

So now I can select tracks and set up Single Races but the game crashes once the track is just about to load.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%