Is it possible to remove DRS from a car?

I want to make an f1 championship based on the formula hybrid 2018 mod in assetto corsa, but the DRS is pretty much useless. Is there a way to remove it from the car itself?

What do you mean "pretty much useless"? It's pretty useful to me.

I'm pretty sure it's possible, you need to unpack data and then edit the relevant part.

It's also possible to disable DRS on a per-track basis, by making DRS zones nonexistent. If you do that then be sure to backup the original file.

Or you could simply let DRS be and just not use it. AI drivers will use it, but that shouldn't be a big issue since according to you it's pretty much useless?

It is pretty much useless because you effectively have a constant DRS train, nullifying the point of DRS. Yes you get a higher top speed, but everyone gets that higher top speed.

you can remove drs by finding the car in content manager and clicking on unpack data. Scroll through the folder and you will find a file titled drs. Cut and paste this file into a separate folder in case you want to use drs again in the future. In content manager click on pack data and yes to replace the old data file. Neither you nor the AI will be able to use DRS.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 298 13.4%