Is it possible to lower a cars internal sound ?

John did you install manually everytime you updated or just do the update thru content manager ?
Also was it much of a performance hit with the newer version. As it is right now I can only run 10-12 AI cars so I'm right at the limit.

These are all the parameters that can be adjusted:

Code:
[AUDIO_VOLUME]
ENGINE_EXT = 1.0
ENGINE_INT = 1.0
GEAR_EXT = 1.0
GEAR_INT = 1.0
BODYWORK = 1.0
WIND = 1.0
DIRT = 1.0
DOWN_SHIFT = 1.0
HORN = 1.0
GEAR_GRIND = 1.0
BACKFIRE_EXT = 1.0
BACKFIRE_INT = 1.0
TRACTION_CONTROL_EXT = 1.0
TRACTION_CONTROL_INT = 1.0
TRANSMISSION = 1.0
LIMITER = 1.0
TURBO = 1.0

Thanks man !!! I´ve been looking for this info 4 a long time !! Nice ;)

Popping into this conversation almost 4 years later, but just wanted to say that I was having exactly the same problem as OP, and following Johnr777 advice, I ran into exactly the same issues. Using CSP v0.1.80-preview218.

There wasn't an .ini file for the car mod in \extension\config\car\mods or any of its subfolders. Just as with OP, creating an .ini file in \extension\config\car\mods with the copy pasted [AUDIO_VOLUME] section had no effect.

I solved the problem by moving the .ini file to \extension\config\car\mods\loaded. Then it worked as advertised. So in case anyone is looking for a solution and finds this thread, try moving the .ini to the \loaded subfolder in case \extension\config\car\mods doesn't work.

By the way, the problematic car in my case was a stock street spec Renault Clio Mk1 16V 1993 by AssettoPedia Team - mod named "ap_renault_clio_16_V" - that has ridiculously loud engine sounds both internal and external. In my case I had to configure ENGINE_INT = 0.15 and ENGINE_EXT = 0.10 to have a sane engine volume.

Popping into this conversation almost 4 years later, but just wanted to say that I was having exactly the same problem as OP, and following Johnr777 advice, I ran into exactly the same issues. Using CSP v0.1.80-preview218.

There wasn't an .ini file for the car mod in \extension\config\car\mods or any of its subfolders. Just as with OP, creating an .ini file in \extension\config\car\mods with the copy pasted [AUDIO_VOLUME] section had no effect.

I solved the problem by moving the .ini file to \extension\config\car\mods\loaded. Then it worked as advertised. So in case anyone is looking for a solution and finds this thread, try moving the .ini to the \loaded subfolder in case \extension\config\car\mods doesn't work.

By the way, the problematic car in my case was a stock street spec Renault Clio Mk1 16V 1993 by AssettoPedia Team - mod named "ap_renault_clio_16_V" - that has ridiculously loud engine sounds both internal and external. In my case I had to configure ENGINE_INT = 0.15 and ENGINE_EXT = 0.10 to have a sane engine volume.
Yes, it works! However I'm facing something strange: two AI cars (skin1 and skin2 of the same model) have very different INT (onboard) and EXT sound volumes on the track. And the same happened with other 'pair' of cars. It does not make sense to me. Anyone with any ideas how to fix this?

Yes, it works! However I'm facing something strange: two AI cars (skin1 and skin2 of the same model) have very different INT (onboard) and EXT sound volumes on the track. And the same happened with other 'pair' of cars. It does not make sense to me. Anyone with any ideas how to fix this?

Strange, I never experienced anything similar. And I often race against AI using the same car as mine (both same skin or different skins). Whenever I configure audio in an .ini file it always works for all cars of the same model.

One thing that could be causing you weird problems, is if these cars already have an ext_config.ini file (in the \content\cars\_car_mod_name_\extension\ subdirectory), that already has ENGINE_INT and ENGINE_EXT parameters. That would be the simplest and easiest to fix cause. It's not common because mod creators usually don't place ENGINE_INT and ENGINE_EXT there, but I've seen it.

I've never seen it, but maybe CSP supports different audio settings for different skins of the same car, and is somehow enabled for these cars that are giving you problems? No idea, but I find this theory very unlikely, lol.

Other possible cause for this sort of problem, is when the car mods that give you these issues are using the same GUIDs (for sound) as Kunos cars. You can verify this in the CM "manage car" screen for that vehicle. If there's a red/orange exclamation mark sign next to "Sound", then you might experience audio problems especially when there's more than one vehicle on the track that's using the same sound bank. I have no idea how to fix this other than replace the car's sound, or simply avoid racing with other cars that use the same sound bank.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back