Is it possible to do a championship with RSRBR with the default surface for each country?

Hi there,
I have a few questions about how RSRBR works with the vanilla RBR. I have spent a bit of time searching race department forums and google by the way, but can't find anything about a couple of these questions...

1. I was trying to do a championship with a non standard car through RSRBR but when I got to Finland they stages were all gravel instead of snow. I figured this was because gravel mod was selected so is there any way to drive the default surface for each country without having to quit and change the surfaced mod each rally?

2. The other option was just to use the default cars with vanilla RBR but are the physics of these different to the same cars when run through RSRBR? It sounds like RSRBR doesn't change the original RBR install at all does it? Are the original cars with RSRBR installed AS WELL as the originals or do they replace them?

3. Is it possible to run a complete single rally (alone) with either RBR or RSRBR. It seems to be only either a single stage or a championship.

4. If the above is not possible, I know you can create a custom rally out of any combination of stages to set up an online rally but can you do this alone?

Thanks in advance! :)
Cheers, Vlad

1. Hah, didn't even notice. You could select Normal Mod in older versions of RSRBR, which mean every stage had its default surface, but I guess they removed that option. Don't know how to fix that.

2. No clue. But I'd guess the originals stay intact.

3 and 4, also no clue, never drove in single player more than a few stages.

I'm sure this was very helpful :D

I can't answer Q1, never tried to do it.

Q2. You can still run the vanilla off-line championship using the vanilla RBR. The RSRBR install leaves your original RBR still available (and untouched), so you can just launch the default RBR and run it normally. However, it will then use the default RBR physics, to get the RSRBR physics, you would have to launch from the RSCenter option but that introduces the same issues you have encountered with Q1, I would think.

Q3. Not sure, again I've never tried it. Did you have a look at what is possible if you launch RBR.DLL from within RSCenter?

Q4. You could easily set up your own on-line Rally and keep it only for yourself by using a Password.

Still doesn't answer all of your questions, but maybe others can add more to the list.

It would be good to get the definitive answers to these. ;)

Q1: Yes, but you have to go out of the champ, and then change surface mod according to the original surface.

Q2: Warren have answered that (but I have the Q1 solution! :p )

3. That's not possible in the original RBR afaik.

4. Not offline - only online.

I'm 99.99% sure ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back