Is it possible to disable pit stops?

Hi, set up a 20 lap quick race in CM, RSS 3 V6 at Redbull Ring. However Ai start pitting fairly early. Is there any way to disable pit stops entirely? I just can’t see an option and if I access Set Up, (spanner icon) when the race launches and scroll across to pit stop strategy, the options are one to three. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks.

I'm wondering the same thing sir. I read somewhere, however haven't tried it yet. For a specific track..."fixed if you copy the 'fast_lane.ai' file from the 'ai' folder and paste it into the 'data' folder. You then need to rename the copy to 'ideal_line.ai

Steve, my experience has been that for quick race, the AI does not calculate how much fuel to take at the start. I have had better luck using a race weekend, let the AI do at least a couple of laps in practice, then skip to qualifying. They seem to pit more intelligently once they've had a chance to assess fuel usage through the practice laps.

I believe the AI rely on fuel_cons.ini for info on fueling if there's no practice session. The dev app that lets you generate that file for your mod cars seems to be either broken, or working fine but fundamentally terrible. It never generates a usable value in my experience.

First thought is that this file is either missing from the mod or has a useless value in it. Fits the symptoms, anyway. If that's it, RSS will have to fix it on their end.

I'm wondering the same thing sir. I read somewhere, however haven't tried it yet. For a specific track..."fixed if you copy the 'fast_lane.ai' file from the 'ai' folder and paste it into the 'data' folder. You then need to rename the copy to 'ideal_line.ai
Still works. Thank you. I was losing my mind setting up a Suzkua Rainy Race using Pyyers 2022 extension with the RSS FH 22 S. The AI would keep pitting after the first lap for a 6-lap race. After doing what you mentioned not a single AI pit for the whole race. THANK YOU.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%