Is it possible to change wall colors?

You can add new cross sections to walls in the same way you do for a track. See this guide for more info. Note that editing wall cross sections is very similar to editing track cross sections, including changing materials.

You can create your own dds files with any decent graphics program. Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro (which cost lots of money) or GIMP (which is free) are good examples of suitable programs. All three require plugins which can be easily found with Google.

Not sure if I understood this correct however I managed to change a wall texture/color with adding a new object (ripple, 01 red) changed size and rotate and gentile moved it against the wall.
see pic. And then suddenly I did something and can't remove it anymore ;)
wall001_as.jpg

I've just remembered the BTB videos page:
http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/videos.aspx

The video "Walls - Edit Materials" is the one you want.

Aha, now I understand, trial demo doesn't have the wall materials at all. At that way so very easy ! So my approach isn't to bad at all ;)
Still wondering why, how, I managed to merge the new object into/with the wall, can't undo.

Tnx m8 :thumb:

sry for possible double post

It's been a while but I'm quite sure there are some wall textures in the demo. When you see the materials, see if there is a 'hide unused' box that can be cleared. And placing an object next the wall is not a good method because it only works when the wall is straight.

The object won't have merged with the wall. You can only select an object with the Object button selected, and you can only select a wall with the Walls button selected. If you're having trouble selecting an object, try clicking and dragging around the object, instead of just clicking.

The videos are for one of the previous versions of BTB, and I'd forgotten about that change. You have to right-click and then a menu will come up allowing you to make the necessary changes.

Create a wall, (curves) , edit the wall. Goto materials, Select Cross Section:
Cement005Fenced. Topsection is bowing wrong side so with Shape bowing to
track. Now I want to give the bottom 2 sections, still in Shape, other
colors/material. In material Replace Selected I choose Cement002, same for the
second. In BTB looks fine:

replace001_as.jpg

Now in rFactor:

replace002_as.jpg
On track nothing to see and can drive through the wall.

replace003_as.jpg
From the other side however all looks ok.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back