Is it possible to change track info and tags?

Is it possible to change track info and tags? I would like to be able to: 1. Add info such as Country, City and Year to modded tracks. 2. Change and add tags. 3. Add track info so corner names will be displayed in-game via the Track Info app. Could someone help me out?

Yes, this is very easy to do when you use an application called "Assetto Corsa Content Manager".
There is a free version and a paid version available and the paid version is worth every bit of the money.

It allows to manage your cars, tracks, apps, allows access to settings and even can be used as a full alternative launcher for Assetto Corsa.
You can easily edit tags, car information, logos, add and remove skins and many, many more.
It is a must have tool when you use Assetto Corsa and like to use mods.

Thanks for your reply. I have the Content Manager app but I can't change these things. When I click on it nothing happens and in settings I can't find how to do this. Could you tell me
precisely how to do these things?

Oh, I am sorry, I misread your post :-(
I read your post, concerning cars tags and info.

With the tracks the very least you can do is changing the tracks name as it appears in Assetto Corsa.
You may be able to do more than that by now (I looked at this topic a few builds before the current one and the author is constantly adding new features and improvements to the app).

I checked now - you definitely can change these tags and info fields in Content Manager.
I do have the licensed pay version of the app.
It may be that you cannot change this info with the free to use version.

hi can some one tell me where in content manager is the option to change car info... thanks
Open the car in the CONTENT tab.
Most text fields you see can be edited.
You can also edit skin specific information for each individual skin by opening the skin editor (right click in the very bottom of the CM main window to expose the context menu and click on SKINS).

I know this is old, but may help somebody in future..

You can change the track info in any version of Content Manager (Drive/Single/Manage Track) but it is easier to change inside the folder of the game.
...\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks

Go to Asseto Corsa folder. Inside each track there is a folder called "ui". Open the file with the name "ui_track" (many are called ui_track.json but the name can change) and edit in with a text editor. Change as you wish the description and tags. If you check the file extension it is the only file with ".json" extension.
*Do this with the game closed.*

Save the file when you are done. Open the game and you can see the new edited text in game on track selection.

Last edited:
I know this is old, but may help somebody in future..

You can change the track info in any version of Content Manager (Drive/Single/Manage Track) but it is easier to change inside the folder of the game.
...\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks

Go to Asseto Corsa folder. Inside each track there is a folder called "ui". Open the file with the name "ui_track" (many are called ui_track.json but the name can change) and edit in with a text editor. Change as you wish the description and tags. If you check the file extension it is the only file with ".json" extension.
*Do this with the game closed.*

Save the file when you are done. Open the game and you can see the new edited text in game on track selection.
im trying to make a copy of SRP in the track folder so that i can add traffic mod on the tatsumi map but it wont work. do you have any suggestions?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back