Is it normal for a beginner to be 8 seconds slower?

I've just started playing Stock Car and at Interlagos I use to make 1:44.... It´s toooooo slow in my opnion. Everybody makes 1:37 and sometimes 36...

What is wrong with me?? Is it normal for a beginner??? 8 seconds behind???? Even when I play against the AI they go faster then me (I put 85% AI hability).

To be competitive practice and countless of hours is more important.

Sure, I beat G27 owners all the time, but if they make the effort, they'll kill me as they have superior pedals.
I must have one of the worst DFGT pedals ever made, so when I get a G27 I know I'll go faster.....heck, if I gain 1.2secs at Monza, I'll be on pole 98% of the time{WTCC Class}

Pedals matter, especially the brake pedal, that's why companies make nixim mods, ARC mods, Perfect pedal mods for the brakes.

When I upgraded from my Momo to a DFP (wheel only - I kept my Advantage 1 pedals) I shaved seconds off immediately, the wheel also makes a difference it seems.

Now, using my latest wheel and pedal set - The awesome T500RS, I am also a lot more consistent - especially with the included brake mod. Equipment makes a big difference, but without a lot of practice as well, you wont find speed. One key is to learn how much is just enough, push too hard and your tyres overheat and lose grip. Practice is the only way to learn this stuff.

So, the OP asked is it normal for a beginner to be 8 seconds off the pace. Yes and more sometimes. My first league race I was 15 seconds off the pace at the start of practice and only 5 by race end. I can manage the odd podium and even race win now, but it took 3 years to get there. I don't usually finish much better than mid pack as it is.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 264 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 173 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 233 13.6%