Is it just me?

Or does the AI at Zolder have real issues with chicanes? They seem to stop dead mid-way through the corner, then accelerate then stop dead again forcing me to rear end them as an accident is completely unavoidable. I have restarted countless races that were on their way to being epic, only to be, (what seemed like) brake tested or shoddy lines through the corner. And no the AI level is set just fine, if i go any higher i get absolutely destroyed, it seems to be only this track im encountering the issue...its a shame because its a real deal breaker. You cant race the AI confidently without second guessing what they are about to do!

Not seen this myself, on my pc they seem to make it round the chicanes with no issues. Are you sure its not a cpu related issue ( not enough cpu power to run the amount of ai ).

Have you tried running with just 1 ai to see if one can make it through with out stopping ?

TOTALLY!

They even backended me on the warmup lap as I had to brake hard to avoid one.

But yeah, every chicane.

I think they're on 90 / 90 here - whatever the default is.

I believe I am also on 90/90. I'll try less AI and see if that does the trick, but I just watched that video, it's mainly the last chicane where the problems arise. Sometimes in the mid chicane after the hill/dip section. The first part they are fine but then they attempt the second part and practically stop to make it round. Very frustrating! Otherwise an amazing game. Thanks for the feedback, I'll try those tips.

I too have this problem.
Also I'll raise you the second corner too... Sometimes a bunch of AI meet up for a cuddle and then loads more join them until the whole field are all there...
I'm hoping it's not CPU related seeing as I'm only running 17 AI with an i7 3770k at 4.2... :(

Sorry to hear your pain, but glad I'm not alone! I've done a clean install, deleted my old game folder in My Documents. I'll see if that fixes it maybe, if it CPU related maybe it's time I upgraded to a Ryzen 7 2700/Nvidia 2080 combo i've been putting off. My rig used to be top drawer, now it is rather long in the tooth. Thanks for further feedback though guys.

Win 10, 16gb RAM, Nvidia GTX 980ti, AMD FX 8320 8core 3500 mhz, GIGAByte motherboard.

And nope, clean install did not help matters I'm still rear ending practically stopped vehicles. And by no means am I an alien at sim racing, or am I over shooting the apex. I'm bang on the apex, it just happens that there is a car stopped right on it for me to say "hi" to!

Thanks for confirming. Yeah, I'm having similar issues. Going to try less AI and see if it clears up their stupidity a little. If so then I know I need to find some DDR4 and an i7 8700k for the cost of a kidney and half a well used liver to slap into the Z370 motherboard I bought before the Intel silicone shortage kicked in...

Win 10, 16gb RAM, Nvidia GTX 980ti, AMD FX 8320 8core 3500 mhz, GIGAByte motherboard.

And nope, clean install did not help matters I'm still rear ending practically stopped vehicles. And by no means am I an alien at sim racing, or am I over shooting the apex. I'm bang on the apex, it just happens that there is a car stopped right on it for me to say "hi" to!
Sounds worth reporting on the official site. Also, does the log file show anything interesting?

Sorry to hear your pain, but glad I'm not alone! I've done a clean install, deleted my old game folder in My Documents. I'll see if that fixes it maybe, if it CPU related maybe it's time I upgraded to a Ryzen 7 2700/Nvidia 2080 combo i've been putting off. My rig used to be top drawer, now it is rather long in the tooth. Thanks for further feedback though guys.
Can't commend on the AI apart from that I found them pretty awkward before the latest patch and never tried again.
About the cpu: don't get a ryzen 7 for simracing! Simracing sadly is still all about single thread performance! More cores or hyperthreading give a bit more performance but in games like ac, raceroom and also acc the difference between a ryzen 2700 and an i5 8600k for example are just massive!

Ryzen 3xxx do look very very promising though to finally up their game single thread performance wise so definitely wait for these to hit the market. I'm doing the same!

I got a Ryzen 7 1700 and not had any issues with any sim, performance is decent in all with a 1060 6gb @ 1440p, im not breaking any fps records but its decent for the screen res and all my sims are silky smooth :)

I wont buy another Intel until they fix their back doors and other security issues ( yes Intel cpu's have a back door in to them which they dont plan on fixing from what i understand ).

Can't commend on the AI apart from that I found them pretty awkward before the latest patch and never tried again.
About the cpu: don't get a ryzen 7 for simracing! Simracing sadly is still all about single thread performance! More cores or hyperthreading give a bit more performance but in games like ac, raceroom and also acc the difference between a ryzen 2700 and an i5 8600k for example are just massive!

Ryzen 3xxx do look very very promising though to finally up their game single thread performance wise so definitely wait for these to hit the market. I'm doing the same!
So for the purposes of AMS, ACC, RRRE, RF2 would you say a intel core i5 9600k would be a smart buy? That wouldn't bottleneck the 2080/70 I might buy?

Well, maybe I should've said "needs a good, quality cooler". I just know a lot of people that think a 30€ standard air cooler will be enough as it's "already big and fat and stuff".
Of course it's not really difficult with a good case, 2-3 case fans and a Noctua, Dark Rock Pro etc or a 240 AiO.
What cooler do you have again? I think I saw you mentioning it somewhere.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 428 39.7%