Is it just me or is Raceroom better looking that pCars

There was always something about raceroom that I liked graphically over assetto corsa. But I thought for sure pcars would be the end all to all graphical comparisons. But after coming back to raceroom, I still think raceroom looks better. More natural i guess. Pcars has more eye candy but for whatever reason it doenst look better to me. Anyone else feel this way? Heres some quick screens I grabbed of the same car. I didnt have a lot of time so i couldnt match it up. But you get the idea

Pcars
2yjppa0.png

R3E
30iex4k.jpg

I don't own pCARS, haven't played it, not sure I particularly want to either, but of the sims I play (AC, rF2, SCE and R3E) I consider R3E to have the most pleasing visuals. OK, perhaps not the most advanced graphics engine and it lacks all the fancy post-processing, but I like that. R3E has a natural, clean, detailed look to it. I have a few issues such as the colour of grass textures at a couple of circuits look a bit garish and car skins are a little too low-res for my liking, but otherwise it's a great-looking game that is only getting better. Best of all it's not too demanding on your system.

pCars looks better, but R3E really surprised me when I started it at first time, the graphics are totally acceptable for a 2015 title. Once the time of the day is static I guess the developpers could pick the best textures for that light and it is very spot on.

In my opinion pCARS has not so realistic if we are talking about saturation, color and reflections. R3E looks more realistic overall in picture like Assetto corsa. Look outside and walk under sunshine on the street, you will see natural picture that eye can see. In pCARS all details like in a cartoon and also to get smooth and good picture you need a top end videocard with good cpu.

All modern sims look extremely pretty on my PC to be honest. Only thing that turns me off in some of them is the excessive use of track side objects (waving people that have no other job than just waving, huge brakemarkers etc).

In my opinion pCARS has not so realistic if we are talking about saturation, color and reflections. R3E looks more realistic overall in picture like Assetto corsa. Look outside and walk under sunshine on the street, you will see natural picture that eye can see. In pCARS all details like in a cartoon and also to get smooth and good picture you need a top end videocard with good cpu.

See now I'd disagree with that, as much as I love R3E the graphics lean towards a more cartoony feel for me, very well done but not overly realistic in terms of textures, Pcars comes across a lot better imo especially with the weather transitions, helmet cam's etc and I run it fine on a 660gtx

As with FFB visuals is one of these things that are based on personal preferences and perception.

I think we do a great job at making everything feel natural and very fitting on our virtual world. IMO we lack a bit in the shader work for cars/cockpits and buildings (like glass and different materials) but also there its a matter of personal taste.

pCars problem is its horrible hardware requirements. In example I with my i2700K and GTX670 I have to lower
quality so much with 1080p resolution that pc-version doesn't look anyhow better than PS4-version(almost worse), which I also have.

And even when I lower quality in pCars, its fps's are still too bad. In sims you need over 100fps to get fluid graphics and especially ffb&controls and I can easily get fps's 100-200 in every other sim, including this RRE.

So yes, I prefer almost every other sim over pCars. And I have all sims which you can get.

Perhaps criticism was the wrong word to use but in my opinion the word 'cartoony' carries a negative connotation when describing the graphics of a simulation. Fine, it's your opinion but I respectfully (and strongly) disagree.

Your disagreement is noted my man :D it certainly wasn't meant in a negative way, it was used in context with the conversion I quoted and is how I perceive it from my view and it's a description I've heard used about every sim out there from AC to Iracing

Pcars and R3E are my two favourite sims of the moment and whether one looks better than the other doesn't really interest me that much, it's the overall experience and immersion they both deliver that I really enjoy

I think in a lot of ways atm were spoilt for choice with everything thats out there and some are choosing to sit in one camp and defend it to the death incase one is seen as better than theirs and I don't see the point

They were all put out there for us to enjoy, they all have good point's and bad and if someone has taken the time to throw a pix and mix in front of me that I love I'm going to get stuck in I'm not going to sit there judging the colours or the feel and miss out

And with that in mind I fell asleep early evening I've missed the bloody update and I'm off to get stuck in now :)

Ahh tinypic keeps messing up the pcars picture. Anyone have a better site to share pictures. For whatever reason the pcars pic is coming out lower quality but the raceroom is fine.. weird
Yes here :) Click upload a file and attach your images to a post or use our RaceTube for it.

I consider R3E to have the most pleasing visuals.

That's how I feel about it too. "Technically" it's not the "best" but it's the most pleasing to my eye out of all the sims I've tried, by quite a margin. I'm also one that loves all the trackside animation, really makes me feel like I'm at a big motorsports event (which is something I desire in a sim). If I could ever get the FFB sorted this would be my go-to sim and all the others would be collecting dust on the shelf. Dat sound........... :whistling::inlove::whistling:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 330 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.3%